Review: could Synthroid cause Rhinitis - non-allergic (Vasomotor rhinitis)?
Summary: Rhinitis - non-allergic is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 88,994 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Rhinitis - non-allergic. Find out below who they are, when they have Rhinitis - non-allergic and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Rhinitis - non-allergic >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,849 Synthroid users)
Rhinitis - non-allergic
Rhinitis - non-allergic (inflammation of the nasal airways -non allergic) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, hypothyroidism, breast cancer metastatic, stress and anxiety, migraine. (latest reports from 147 Rhinitis - non-allergic patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 88,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 16 people (0.02%) have Rhinitis - Non-allergic.
Time on Synthroid when people have Rhinitis - non-allergic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rhinitis - non-allergic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rhinitis - non-allergic when taking Synthroid * :
|Rhinitis - non-allergic||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Rhinitis - non-allergic when taking Synthroid * :
|Rhinitis - non-allergic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||75.00%||12.50% |
Severity of Rhinitis - non-allergic when taking Synthroid ** :
How people recovered from Rhinitis - non-allergic ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (11 people, 68.75%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 25.00%)
- Hypersensitivity (4 people, 25.00%)
- Rhinitis (2 people, 12.50%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (11 people, 68.75%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 43.75%)
- Actonel (7 people, 43.75%)
- Fiorinal (7 people, 43.75%)
- Orudis (7 people, 43.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and rhinitis - non-allergic on
Do you have Rhinitis - Non-allergic while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Rhinitis - Non-allergic
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Rhinitis - Non-allergic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 55-year old woman with Asthma, Thyroxine Decreased. The patient has Osteoporosis
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Voltaren for a 39-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Arthritis. The patient has Choking - Adult Or Child Over 1 Year
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Premarin for a 70-year old woman with Overactive Thyroid, Post Menopause. The patient has Overactive Bladder
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lyrica, Flexeril, Adderall 10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Synthroid for a 45-year old woman who has Antiinflammatory Therapy
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Omeprazole Magnesium, Synthroid for a 40-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.