Review: could Synthroid cause Rhinitis - non-allergic (Vasomotor rhinitis)?
Summary: Rhinitis - non-allergic is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 89,006 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Rhinitis - non-allergic. Find out below who they are, when they have Rhinitis - non-allergic and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Rhinitis - non-allergic >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,853 Synthroid users)
Rhinitis - non-allergic
Rhinitis - non-allergic (inflammation of the nasal airways -non allergic) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, hypothyroidism, breast cancer metastatic, stress and anxiety, migraine. (latest reports from 147 Rhinitis - non-allergic patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 88,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 16 people (0.02%) have Rhinitis - Non-allergic.
Time on Synthroid when people have Rhinitis - non-allergic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rhinitis - non-allergic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rhinitis - non-allergic when taking Synthroid * :
|Rhinitis - non-allergic||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Rhinitis - non-allergic when taking Synthroid * :
|Rhinitis - non-allergic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||75.00%||12.50% |
Severity of Rhinitis - non-allergic when taking Synthroid ** :
How people recovered from Rhinitis - non-allergic ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (11 people, 68.75%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 25.00%)
- Hypersensitivity (4 people, 25.00%)
- Rhinitis (2 people, 12.50%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (11 people, 68.75%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 43.75%)
- Actonel (7 people, 43.75%)
- Fiorinal (7 people, 43.75%)
- Orudis (7 people, 43.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of synthroid and rhinitis - non-allergic on
Do you have Rhinitis - Non-allergic while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Rhinitis - Non-allergic
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Rhinitis - Non-allergic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Topamax, Lithium Carbonate for a 36-year old man with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Boniva for a 54-year old woman with Low Thyroid, Osteopenia. The patient has Dizzy, Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Zoloft for a 58-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Chronic Depression. The patient has Depressed Mood
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.