Home > Synthroid > Sleepiness > Synthroid and Sleepiness
Review: could Synthroid cause Sleepiness (Drowsiness)?
Summary: Sleepiness is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 88,885 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,696 have Sleepiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleepiness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have Sleepiness >>>
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,730 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Sleepiness (excess sleeping) (latest reports from 494,636 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 88,863 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 1,696 people (1.91%) have Sleepiness.
Time on Synthroid when people have Sleepiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Sleepiness when taking Synthroid * :
Age of people who have Sleepiness when taking Synthroid * :
Severity of Sleepiness when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleepiness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (281 people, 16.57%)
- Depression (205 people, 12.09%)
- Hypertension (148 people, 8.73%)
- Pain (136 people, 8.02%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (98 people, 5.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (279 people, 16.45%)
- Lipitor (204 people, 12.03%)
- Lyrica (172 people, 10.14%)
- Cymbalta (159 people, 9.38%)
- Lasix (159 people, 9.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleepiness while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Sleepiness
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Sleepiness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could fenofibrate cause extreme vaginal irritation?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Itching,burning Of External Vaginal Area., and takes Levothyroxine Sodium, Fenofibrate)
might possibly be pre-diabetic...Dr checks blood sugar every 6 mo.
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- Hallucinations and skin thas red and hurts
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Hallucinations.skin Thats Red Like A Sun Burn And Mouth Blisters, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Sudafed, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I am having horrable hallucinations.manic episodes because i slam on the brakes to avoid people or animals that are not there.i feel like im going to razy.high bood pressure, heavy breathing and anxiety.my face and body have spoys that are like a sun burn and blisters in my mouth.emergency room accu ...
- Is it okay to take co enzyme q 10 with levothyroxine
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Is it okay to take Co Enzyme Q10 with Lovothyroxine. Will it stop my Levothyroxine from working properly. I am also on Simvastaton. Would appreciate any advice on this.
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, PBC, AIH, Asthma, and takes Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Anturol, Morphine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pyridium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Azathioprine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent)
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
More questions for: Synthroid, Sleepiness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has Breast Swelling, Breast Enlargement, and takes Synthroid)
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- I switched to armour ,it's not synthetic.
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Hashimotos Hypothroidism, and takes Synthroid)
I went off after 7 years on it when I discovered a link to a higher rate of lung cancer. I switched to Armour and it handled the hypothyroidism way better.
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Graves Disease, Essential High Blood Pressure, and takes Lisinopril, Losartan, Amlodipine, Levothyroxine Sodium)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
- Gabapentin made me comatose
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Somnolence, and takes Neurontin, Gabapentin)
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
More reviews for: Synthroid, Sleepiness
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Lumigan for a patient with Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Pressure Sore. The patient has Sleeping Sickness
Comments: Can hardly stay awake. Fall asleep after being awake from 2 hour naps within an hour. After running/walking on treadmill (difficult) at 2.5 mph for one half hour crawl back into bed and sleep! Not usual! Use only one drop in each eye per evening only. Sleep more than the cat! Wondered if I was h ...
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
Comments: Severe stabbing pain between shoulders slightly to the right. Only lasts upto a minute. Attacks infrequent.
Tartar on teeth.
Sweating and chill although usually very cold.
Difficult to maintain weight. Skips meals everyday - habitually only eat dinner in the evening and have done ...
- A study of drug interactions between Myrbetriq, Pradaxa, Mirtazapine, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Namenda Xr, Exelon for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Depression - Elderly, Lower Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis And Aging, Senile Dementia. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
More related studies for: Synthroid, Sleepiness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.