Review: could Synthroid cause Suicide attempt?
Summary: Suicide attempt is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Klonopin, and have Depression.
We study 89,006 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 315 have Suicide attempt. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicide attempt and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Suicide attempt >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,858 Synthroid users)
Suicide attempt has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 32,157 Suicide attempt patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 89,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 315 people (0.35%) have Suicide Attempt.
Time on Synthroid when people have Suicide attempt * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Synthroid * :
|Suicide attempt||89.73%||10.27% |
Age of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Synthroid * :
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.38%||4.92%||8.33%||18.94%||36.74%||23.11%||7.58% |
Severity of Suicide attempt when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Suicide attempt ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (78 people, 24.76%)
- Hypothyroidism (61 people, 19.37%)
- Anxiety (59 people, 18.73%)
- Bipolar disorder (58 people, 18.41%)
- Pain (48 people, 15.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Klonopin (71 people, 22.54%)
- Zoloft (58 people, 18.41%)
- Ambien (49 people, 15.56%)
- Xanax (47 people, 14.92%)
- Seroquel (44 people, 13.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Synthroid and suicide attempt on
Do you have Suicide Attempt while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Suicide Attempt
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prilosec, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Adderall for a 40-year old man with Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Reflux Gastritis, Ptsd, Add. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Spironolactone, Mirapex, Synthroid for a 38-year old woman with Facial Edema, Tremor, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Complex Mass Adjacent To Ovary, Swelling, Kidney Infection, Sweating - Excessive, Abdominal Distension, Diastolic Blood Pressure, Pain Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 57-year old woman with Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Graves Disease. The patient has Shakes, Palpitations, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Levothyroxine Sodium, Gabapentin, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Arthritis - Psoriatic, Autoimmune Thyroiditis, Facial Pain, Ptsd. The patient has Splenomegaly
- A study of drug interactions between Glucosamine, Ativan, Synthroid, Seroquel, Abilify, Lamictal, Viibryd for a 72-year old woman with Health, Anxiety, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Synthroid, for a 46-year old woman who has Alopecia Areata
- Comparions of Synthroid, Metformin for a 61-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Raspberry Ketone, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 19-year old girl who has High Thyroid
- Comparions of Quinapril, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 82-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.