Review: could Synthroid cause Swollen lymph nodes (Swollen glands)?
Summary: Swollen lymph nodes is reported only by a few people who take Synthroid.
We study 88,908 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Swollen lymph nodes. Find out below who they are, when they have Swollen lymph nodes and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have Swollen lymph nodes >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 93,746 users)
Swollen lymph nodes
Swollen lymph nodes (swelling of lymph nodes) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, birth control, generalized anxiety disorder.(latest reports from Swollen lymph nodes 264 patients)
On Dec, 4, 2014: 88,885 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 2 people (0.00%) have Swollen Lymph Nodes.
Time on Synthroid when people have Swollen lymph nodes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swollen lymph nodes||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Swollen lymph nodes when taking Synthroid * :
|Swollen lymph nodes||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Swollen lymph nodes when taking Synthroid * :
|Swollen lymph nodes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Swollen lymph nodes when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Swollen lymph nodes||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Swollen lymph nodes ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Swollen lymph nodes||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Birth control (1 people, 50.00%)
- Thyroid disorder (1 people, 50.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 50.00%)
- Rash (1 people, 50.00%)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lybrel (1 people, 50.00%)
- Diphenhydramine hydrochloride preservative free (1 people, 50.00%)
- Ibuprofen (1 people, 50.00%)
- Tylenol (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swollen Lymph Nodes while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Swollen Lymph Nodes
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Swollen Lymph Nodes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Synthroid, Swollen lymph nodes
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cardio version caused fingernail abnormalities
Right hip fracture. When prepping for surgery AFIB was found. Surgery was cancelled and they attempted to get AFIB under control. Finally, cardioversion was performed. When my nails started to grow out they all had two horizontal lines that cause the nail to break when it grows out to that point.
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Levothyrixine and have increased as my dose has been increased.
- I switched to armour ,it's not synthetic.
I went off after 7 years on it when I discovered a link to a higher rate of lung cancer. I switched to Armour and it handled the hypothyroidism way better.
- High blood pressure - find the right medication (2 responses)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to get up. So then I tried Amlopidine. Fantastic! I haven't felt this well since I was on my teens. My message is ... don't put up with side effects. Change your drug until you find the one that works for you.
More reviews for: Synthroid, Swollen lymph nodes
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Was put on complete thyroid replacement drug when I was 16. (1960) Within about six months I could hardly walk and could not get into the school bus. I was not x-rayed at that time but the doctor considered I had growing pains as I was growing after taking the thyroid drug. Later I was ex-rayed and ...
- After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- Can hardly stay awake. Fall asleep after being awake from 2 hour naps within an hour. After running/walking on treadmill (difficult) at 2.5 mph for one half hour crawl back into bed and sleep! Not usual! Use only one drop in each eye per evening only. Sleep more than the cat! Wondered if I was h ...
More related studies for: Synthroid, Swollen lymph nodes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.