Review: could Synthroid cause Teeth grinding (Bruxism)?
Summary: Teeth grinding is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 88,994 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 103 have Teeth grinding. Find out below who they are, when they have Teeth grinding and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and have Teeth grinding >>>
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 93,849 Synthroid users)
Teeth grinding (habitual grinding of the teeth, typically during sleep) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, stress and anxiety, osteopenia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 2,527 Teeth grinding patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 88,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 103 people (0.12%) have Teeth Grinding.
Time on Synthroid when people have Teeth grinding * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Teeth grinding||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Gender of people who have Teeth grinding when taking Synthroid * :
|Teeth grinding||95.15%||4.85% |
Age of people who have Teeth grinding when taking Synthroid * :
|Teeth grinding||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.14%||3.41%||17.05%||61.36%||17.05% |
Severity of Teeth grinding when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Teeth grinding||0.00%||25.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Teeth grinding ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Teeth grinding||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (35 people, 33.98%)
- Hypothyroidism (30 people, 29.13%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 18.45%)
- Osteopenia (12 people, 11.65%)
- Autoimmune thyroiditis (11 people, 10.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (42 people, 40.78%)
- Taxol (17 people, 16.50%)
- Herceptin (17 people, 16.50%)
- Zometa (17 people, 16.50%)
- Aredia (17 people, 16.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Teeth Grinding while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Teeth Grinding
- support group for people who take Synthroid
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Namenda, Ginkgo Biloba, Niacin And Niacinamide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Patanol for a 76-year old woman with Nail Disorder, Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Allergy. The patient has Fatigue, Rash Generalised
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 45-year old woman with Hypothyroidism.
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Cilostazol, Bystolic, Cialis for a 67-year old man with Help With Sleep, Growth Hormone Deficiency, Pvd, Hbp, Bph. The patient has Nosebleed
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Levothyroxine Sodium, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman with Ach, Hypothyroidism, Chronic Depression. The patient has Constipation, Acid Reflux
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Albuterol for a 73-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Emphysema. The patient has Anxiety, Depression
Recent Synthroid related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone for a 72-year old man who has Dry Eyes
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Claritin, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 47-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 36-year old man who has Low Thyroid
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.