Home > Synthroid > Tinnitus > Synthroid and Tinnitus
Review: could Synthroid cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Fosamax, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 88,885 people who have side effects while taking Synthroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 629 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid and have Tinnitus >>>
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,730 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,561 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 88,863 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid. Among them, 629 people (0.71%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Synthroid when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Synthroid * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Synthroid * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Synthroid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (129 people, 20.51%)
- Depression (63 people, 10.02%)
- Osteoporosis (62 people, 9.86%)
- Hypertension (61 people, 9.70%)
- Thyroid disorder (50 people, 7.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (100 people, 15.90%)
- Aspirin (91 people, 14.47%)
- Lipitor (82 people, 13.04%)
- Premarin (79 people, 12.56%)
- Vioxx (78 people, 12.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Synthroid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Synthroid and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could fenofibrate cause extreme vaginal irritation?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Itching,burning Of External Vaginal Area., and takes Levothyroxine Sodium, Fenofibrate)
might possibly be pre-diabetic...Dr checks blood sugar every 6 mo.
- Nimotop for curing tinnitus?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Nimotop)
i have tinnitus and the doctor is giving me nimotop 30 mg is this good?
- Hallucinations and skin thas red and hurts
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Hallucinations.skin Thats Red Like A Sun Burn And Mouth Blisters, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Sudafed, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I am having horrable hallucinations.manic episodes because i slam on the brakes to avoid people or animals that are not there.i feel like im going to razy.high bood pressure, heavy breathing and anxiety.my face and body have spoys that are like a sun burn and blisters in my mouth.emergency room accu ...
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
- Is it okay to take co enzyme q 10 with levothyroxine
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Is it okay to take Co Enzyme Q10 with Lovothyroxine. Will it stop my Levothyroxine from working properly. I am also on Simvastaton. Would appreciate any advice on this.
More questions for: Synthroid, Tinnitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ringing in the ears from linzess
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Linzess)
I started Linzess about a month ago, taking it about every three days. It was my miracle pill, until recently when I started having ringing in my ears. I am stopping the medication in hopes that the ringing will subside.
- Side effects of using terazosin
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride)
I have been on terazosin for 9 days. The ringing in my ears is unbearable, dizzy in the night if I wake up to use the bathroom, intermittent throbbing heartbeat. Also very significant is dramatic decrease in libido and difficulty achieving satisfaction. Dose started at 5 mg at night, reduced to 2 ...
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has Breast Swelling, Breast Enlargement, and takes Synthroid)
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- I switched to armour ,it's not synthetic.
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Hashimotos Hypothroidism, and takes Synthroid)
I went off after 7 years on it when I discovered a link to a higher rate of lung cancer. I switched to Armour and it handled the hypothyroidism way better.
More reviews for: Synthroid, Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Albuterol Sulfate, Symbicort, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Asthma Exacerbation Prophylaxis, Asthma, Asthma Aggravated, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Red Face
Comments: I took levothyroxine for first time this morning, and now my face is red.
- A study of drug interactions between Viibryd, Sucralfate, Pantoprazole, Nifedipine, Plavix, Synthroid for a patient with Depression, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Arterial Thrombosis Limb, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ptsd
Comments: I have been diagnosed with Buerger's Disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Lumigan for a patient with Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Pressure Sore. The patient has Sleeping Sickness
Comments: Can hardly stay awake. Fall asleep after being awake from 2 hour naps within an hour. After running/walking on treadmill (difficult) at 2.5 mph for one half hour crawl back into bed and sleep! Not usual! Use only one drop in each eye per evening only. Sleep more than the cat! Wondered if I was h ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Nexium for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Comments: Constant ringing in both ears.
More related studies for: Synthroid, Tinnitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.