Home > Tacrolimus > Interstitial lung disease > Tacrolimus and Interstitial lung disease
Review: could Tacrolimus cause Interstitial lung disease?
Summary: Interstitial lung disease is found among people who take Tacrolimus, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisolone, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 13,503 people who have side effects while taking Tacrolimus from FDA and social media. Among them, 178 have Interstitial lung disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Interstitial lung disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tacrolimus and have Interstitial lung disease >>>
Tacrolimus (latest outcomes from 13,591 users) has active ingredients of tacrolimus. It is often used in kidney transplant.
Interstitial lung disease
Interstitial lung disease (latest reports from 118,653 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, lung cancer - non-small cell, osteoporosis, prostate cancer.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 13,503 people reported to have side effects when taking Tacrolimus. Among them, 178 people (1.32%) have Interstitial Lung Disease.
Time on Tacrolimus when people have Interstitial lung disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Interstitial lung disease||39.33%||39.33%||8.99%||10.11%||2.25%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Tacrolimus * :
|Interstitial lung disease||49.73%||50.27% |
Age of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Tacrolimus * :
|Interstitial lung disease||0.58%||7.60%||8.77%||8.77%||5.26%||4.09%||12.87%||52.05% |
Severity of Interstitial lung disease when taking Tacrolimus ** :
How people recovered from Interstitial lung disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (74 people, 41.57%)
- Prophylaxis (34 people, 19.10%)
- Bone marrow conditioning regimen (33 people, 18.54%)
- Interstitial lung disease (23 people, 12.92%)
- Oedema (16 people, 8.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisolone (90 people, 50.56%)
- Methotrexate (46 people, 25.84%)
- Thymoglobulin (37 people, 20.79%)
- Fludarabine phosphate (34 people, 19.10%)
- Humira (29 people, 16.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Interstitial Lung Disease while taking Tacrolimus?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tacrolimus and have Interstitial Lung Disease
- support group for people who take Tacrolimus
- support group for people who have Interstitial Lung Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Middle Insomnia, and takes Melatonin)
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver transplant.
- Can a patient that takes prograf and imuran can also take black cohosh suplements ?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Pre-menopause, and takes Imuran, Prograf)
I am a kidney transplant patient, I had my transplant 4 years ago and because of my previous kidney function, now I have early menopause symptoms like, severe vaginal dryness, night sweats, low libido and so on... So i would like to know if i can take some of these herbs to help me out. Black Cohosh ...
- My dad is suffering from the same post kidney transplant. whats the alternative solution for it?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Blood Platelets Reducing Due To Tacrolimus, Complications Of Transplanted Kidney, and takes Tacrolimus)
He has undergone kidney transplant 5 week back. His recovery was on track but all of a sudden platelets started reducing. Doctor treated him with plasmapheresis and FFP along with stopping tacrolimus. His platelets then slowly and gradually improved. However after starting the tacrolimus again, his ...
- Is it okay for a liver transplant patient to use the plexus products?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Liver Transplant, and takes Prograf, Cellcept, Prednisone)
Post liver transplant, on Cellcept, Prograf, Prednisone (+more some hormone meds) Really needing help losing weight and wanting to try Plexus. I have heard of other transplant patients using it but none have been liver transplants.
- Can add be caused by transplant meds
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Confusion, Tremmors, Muscle Twitching, Atypical Attention Deficit Syndrome, and takes Prograf, Myfortic, Prednisone)
I am a kid prey transplant recipient. I recently noticed attention issues. I have tremors and muscle twitches ans extreme anxiety. .
More questions for: Tacrolimus, Interstitial lung disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rituxan mental changes
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Nephrotic Syndrome, and takes Losartan, Tacrolimus, Rituxan)
Within a month my daughter has had altered mental health symptoms such as confusion 'ADD symptoms' decrease in vision, trouble concentrating, frequent headaches and sharp head pain, forgetfulness, blanks out much more and 'feels off'
it has now been about 5 months since last rituxan
- Low platelet blood count
(Posted by a 15 year old boy who has Transplant - Kidney, Low Platelet Blood Count, and takes Prograf, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Prednisone)
Kidney transplant had been performed 10 years ago.Mycophenolate mofetil was introduced 5 years ago to replace azathioprine.It has caused various undesirable side effects like severe diarrhea,nausea,nose and gum bleeding and low platelet count.Most of them were reduced as soon as the dose decreased e ...
- Suicide attempted at first then sadly completed from prograf
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Transplant - Kidney, and takes Prograf)
The mother of my 12 year old son had a very successful career and recently received her 3rd kidney transplant after the previous kidney which lasted over 20 years had eventually succumbed to a chronic kidney disease. She had a very successful career as an RN and then a Nurse Anesthetist. Had a brigh ...
- Suicide by gunshot standing in a cold creek during a prograf episode
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Kidney Transplant, and takes Prograf)
My ex-wife who dearly dearly loved our 12 year old son and did all she could for him every spare minute of every day and had a very very succesful career as a nurse anesthetist until she started taking Prograf and went on leave a month ago after driving her jeep into a creek imagining that a bridge ...
More reviews for: Tacrolimus, Interstitial lung disease
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Alprazolam, Lactulose, Daytrana, Effexor, Ondansetron, Ursodiol, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Tacrolimus for a patient with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Encephalopathy - Hepatic, Depression, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Immunosuppressant Drug Therapy. The patient has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Fatigue - Chronic, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Nausea
Comments: The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
- A study of side effects of Tacrolimus for a patient with Liver Transplant. The patient has Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Comments: The autoimmune hepatitis is de novo. Approx. 2 yrs after transplant for Chronic Hep B), ALT and AST went from 40 or 50 to 400 and 500 in 1 mo. Drs. tested (Ultrasound/liver biopsy/arteriogram) thinking it was hepatic veno-occlusion or vasculitis. I was told there was significant biliary damage. 2 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ursodiol, Ondansetron, Prednisone, Tacrolimus for a patient with Autoimmune Hepatitis, Liver Transplant. The patient has Alkaline Phosphatase, Elevated Mood, Blood In Stool, Hoarseness, Throat - Sore, Nausea
Comments: The autoimmune hepatitis is de novo. Approx. 2 yrs after transplant, ALT and AST went from 40 or 50 to 400 and 500 in 1 mo. Drs. tested (Ultrasound/liver biopsy/arteriogram) thinking it was hepatic veno-occlusion or vasculitis. 2 yrs after tx, my liver is almost entirely cirrhotic. Experienced ma ...
- A study of side effects of Tacrolimus for a patient with Liver Transplant Rejection. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down
Comments: 13 years since liver transplant no problems but have just been diagnosed with Pleural Effusion
After scans & culture tests the cause as yet to be established no sign of cancer cells in the initial
Tests I am now waiting for my right lung to re inflate before having more tests & CT scan.
I have ...
- A study of drug interactions between Arixtra, Vagifem, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Spironolactone, Rapamune, Tacrolimus, Sodium Pentobarbital, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Omeprazole, Lorazepam, Furosemide, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Cozaar, Vitamin B12, Buspar, ASA for a patient with Blood Disorder, Vaginal Disorder, Low Level Of Vitamin D, Depression, Renal Failure - Chronic, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Seizure - Grand Mal, Cardiac Flutter, Hypokalaemia, Gerd, Post-traumatic Syndrome, Renal Failure Chronic/ Heart Failure, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypertension, Pre-existing Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Stent. The patient has
Comments: I have severe nausea, dizziness,headache, incontinence when taking Fondapariaux Sodium and Aritra have light headness, somnolence. I need to be on a anticoagulant because of stents just placed 6 months ago.
More related studies for: Tacrolimus, Interstitial lung disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Avocado and Nocturnal Emission
- Isentress and Gynecomastia
- Hair Loss and Liver Abscess
- Dizziness and Trileptal
- Seizures and Dizziness
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started ome ... (4 hours ago)
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (11 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (15 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (11 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (16 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)