Review: could Tacrolimus cause Pain - joints (Joint pain)?
Summary: Pain - joints is found among people who take Tacrolimus, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Prednisolone, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 13,504 people who have side effects while taking Tacrolimus from FDA and social media. Among them, 124 have Pain - joints. Find out below who they are, when they have Pain - joints and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tacrolimus and have Pain - joints >>>
Tacrolimus has active ingredients of tacrolimus. It is often used in kidney transplant. (latest outcomes from Tacrolimus 13,591 users)
Pain - joints
Pain - joints has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Pain - joints 117,676 patients)
On Dec, 6, 2014: 13,504 people reported to have side effects when taking Tacrolimus. Among them, 124 people (0.92%) have Pain - Joints.
Time on Tacrolimus when people have Pain - joints * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pain - joints||29.73%||29.73%||32.43%||2.70%||5.41%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Pain - joints when taking Tacrolimus * :
|Pain - joints||48.63%||51.37% |
Age of people who have Pain - joints when taking Tacrolimus * :
|Pain - joints||0.00%||6.30%||5.51%||7.87%||7.87%||17.32%||8.66%||46.46% |
Severity of Pain - joints when taking Tacrolimus ** :
How people recovered from Pain - joints ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (44 people, 35.48%)
- Diabetes mellitus (20 people, 16.13%)
- Prophylaxis (17 people, 13.71%)
- Renal transplant (14 people, 11.29%)
- Bronchospasm (13 people, 10.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisolone (46 people, 37.10%)
- Prednisone (37 people, 29.84%)
- Methotrexate (27 people, 21.77%)
- Cellcept (26 people, 20.97%)
- Coumadin (25 people, 20.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pain - Joints while taking Tacrolimus?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tacrolimus and have Pain - Joints
- support group for people who take Tacrolimus
- support group for people who have Pain - Joints
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the possible explanation for arthralgia upon xolair medication for asthma? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Arthralgia, and takes Xolair)
Female, 20 years old with severe asthma is being medicated with Xolair (Omalizumab) over the last six months. Although the patient is getting better she is suffering of severe arthralgia mainly in arms and legs. What is the possible explanation for arthralgia upon Xolair medication for asthma?
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Middle Insomnia, and takes Melatonin)
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver transplant.
- Can a patient that takes prograf and imuran can also take black cohosh suplements ?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Pre-menopause, and takes Imuran, Prograf)
I am a kidney transplant patient, I had my transplant 4 years ago and because of my previous kidney function, now I have early menopause symptoms like, severe vaginal dryness, night sweats, low libido and so on... So i would like to know if i can take some of these herbs to help me out. Black Cohosh ...
- My dad is suffering from the same post kidney transplant. whats the alternative solution for it?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Blood Platelets Reducing Due To Tacrolimus, Complications Of Transplanted Kidney, and takes Tacrolimus)
He has undergone kidney transplant 5 week back. His recovery was on track but all of a sudden platelets started reducing. Doctor treated him with plasmapheresis and FFP along with stopping tacrolimus. His platelets then slowly and gradually improved. However after starting the tacrolimus again, his ...
- Does neurontin cause arthritis. after taking it for 3 months, i started ints.
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Joint Pain, and takes Neurontin)
After having sciatic pain for almost a year, a doctor prescribed Neurontin. I took it for 3 months until I started getting severe joint pain. I weened myself off of it a month ago and am still having severe joint pain. There has not been any other changes in my life except Neurontin. Does this go ...
More questions for: Tacrolimus, Pain - joints
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Cymbalta caused joint pain
(Posted by a 50 year old man who has Pain - Joints, and takes Cymbalta)
I had taken Cymbalta for about 1.5 years and after taking it for a few months, I started having widespread joint pain. The joint pain has gotten worse and is becoming debilitating. Joint pain in the literature as a side affect of the drug but the joint pain seems to be permanent! I have not taken Cy ...
- Xylitol caused joint pain
(Posted by a 1 year old girl who has Joint Pain, and takes Xylitol )
For over a year I was chewing nicotine gum with xylitol. During that period I developed worsening joint pain to the stage where I was diagnosed with fybromyalgia (there was no other explanation for the pain). The chemist changed the brand of 2mg gum and I instantly felt better chewing it. After a ...
- Still ill after several years (1 response)
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die (1 response)
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Bedwetting, Confusion, Bone And Joint Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression Suicidal, Backaches And Stress, and takes Xanax, Acetaminophen, Wellbutrin, Methadone Hydrochloride, Norco)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
More reviews for: Tacrolimus, Pain - joints
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Alprazolam, Lactulose, Daytrana, Effexor, Ondansetron, Ursodiol, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Tacrolimus for a patient with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Encephalopathy - Hepatic, Depression, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Immunosuppressant Drug Therapy. The patient has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Fatigue - Chronic, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Nausea
Comments: The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
- A study of side effects of Norco for a patient with Brain Surgery. The patient has Joint Pain
Comments: I had surgery 5 weeks ago. Was on Norco before surgery and then after surgery. After surgery I developed terrible joint pain in fingers, knees, and terrible pain in bottom of feet. Difficult to walk
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Plaquenil for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Palindromic Rheumatism. The patient has Fatigue, Fluid In Left Arm And Right Knee, Joint Pain
Comments: have had a swollen arm now for 10 months. Measures 7 cm more than right arm. Now swelling is also in forearm. Have had lymp test for blockages. No blockages found. Now starting to get same symptoms in right knee. have been diagnosed with palandromic rheumatoid for 2 years now. Positive RF 82 IU/ml. ...
More related studies for: Tacrolimus, Pain - joints
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.