Could Tamiflu cause Bronchitis - from FDA reports
Bronchitis is found among people who take Tamiflu, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have The flu . We study 13,234 people who have side effects while taking Tamiflu from FDA. Among them, 71 have Bronchitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Bronchitis and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Tamiflu has active ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate. It is often used in the flu. (latest outcomes from Tamiflu 14,019 users)
Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, asthma, high blood pressure (latest reports from 54,025 Bronchitis patients).
On Dec, 05, 2016
13,234 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamiflu.
Among them, 71 people (0.54%) have Bronchitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tamiflu when people have Bronchitis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bronchitis when taking Tamiflu *:
- female: 67.14 %
- male: 32.86 %
Age of people who have Bronchitis when taking Tamiflu *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 6.12 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 8.16 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 26.53 %
- 50-59: 18.37 %
- 60+: 26.53 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Famotidine (11 people, 15.49%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 15.49%)
- Ranitidine (10 people, 14.08%)
- Levaquin (10 people, 14.08%)
- Diovan (10 people, 14.08%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Tamiflu, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- Lupus Nephritis (10 people, 14.08%)
- Stress And Anxiety (9 people, 12.68%)
- Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation (8 people, 11.27%)
- Preventive Health Care (8 people, 11.27%)
- Depression (8 people, 11.27%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- The Flu (27 people, 38.03%)
- Pneumonia (21 people, 29.58%)
- Diarrhea (15 people, 21.13%)
- Sinusitis (14 people, 19.72%)
- Nausea (13 people, 18.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bronchitis when taking Tamiflu?
- Check symptoms - is bronchitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Tamiflua b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with BronchitisBronchitis
Could your condition cause BronchitisBronchitis
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi im Tash diagnosed wit bronchitis its the worse feeling ever. Excessive hunger always thirsty drowsiness, body pains im allergic to most fruits so my eating is not that good. Please help on a proper affordable eating plan. Kind Regards
I have had two episodes with bronchitis after a virus. I m 85 with almost no history of smoking. I had been researching if tylenol relives some of the discomfort. I would also like some tips on how to handle bronchitis.
Hi. I've just taken first Tamiflu 75mg capsule after having flu symptoms for 24 hrs.. now I'm sneezing and nose running all over the place. Is it ok to take either a night time codral cold tablet or old pseudoepherdrine Sudafed (had them in the cupboard a while) together?