Home > Tamiflu > Drowsiness > Tamiflu and Drowsiness
Review: could Tamiflu cause Drowsiness?
Summary: Drowsiness is found among people who take Tamiflu, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Paxil, and have Influenza.
We study 10,402 people who have side effects while taking Tamiflu from FDA and social media. Among them, 88 have Drowsiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Drowsiness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tamiflu and have Drowsiness >>>
Tamiflu (latest outcomes from 10,914 users) has active ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate. It is often used in the flu.
Drowsiness (latest reports from 68,687 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 10,402 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamiflu. Among them, 88 people (0.85%) have Drowsiness.
Time on Tamiflu when people have Drowsiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Drowsiness when taking Tamiflu * :
Age of people who have Drowsiness when taking Tamiflu * :
Severity of Drowsiness when taking Tamiflu ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Drowsiness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Influenza (32 people, 36.36%)
- Insomnia (5 people, 5.68%)
- Influenza like illness (4 people, 4.55%)
- Febrile convulsion (3 people, 3.41%)
- Depression (3 people, 3.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paxil (9 people, 10.23%)
- Zantac (8 people, 9.09%)
- Aricept (8 people, 9.09%)
- Periactin (7 people, 7.95%)
- Remeron (6 people, 6.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drowsiness while taking Tamiflu?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tamiflu and have Drowsiness
- support group for people who take Tamiflu
- support group for people who have Drowsiness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Sleepiness - During The Day, Shaking Hands, Feeling Of Being Pulled Backwords, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Hand Grasping , Hand Tremor, Extremely Short Term Memory Loss, Slow Thought Expression, Intermittent Low Grade Fever, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lasix, Eplerenone)
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
- Does lasix cause sleepiness
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Sleepy, and takes Lasix)
sleeps all the time up for short time and then needs to sleep again
- Hunger from tylenol and coedine?
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Hunger, Drowsiness, and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
I'm 17 years old and I started taking Acetaminophen w/ Codeine No. 3 for pain due to complications from wisdom tooth extraction (I had two dry sockets and one of them was infected). I don't have any known allergies to medication, though I do take about 10 different medications for severe season all ...
More questions for: Tamiflu, Drowsiness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Gabapentin made me comatose
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Somnolence, and takes Neurontin, Gabapentin)
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Unable To Walk Without Holding Onto Walls, Sleepy, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Disoriented)
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
- Narcolepsy-cataplexy and epilepsy after taking tamiflu
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, and takes Tamiflu)
Sorry for my unperfect English : ) I'm french.
I suddenly declared an "atypic" Narcolepsy-cataplexy after taking two pills of TAMIFLU in 2007. My husband was ill, and our family doctor recommanded me and my baby to take the same medecine otherwise we should also catch the "bad" flu.
I took two pil ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Depression, Sleepiness - During The Day, Drowsiness, Diarrhoea, Alcohol Use, and takes Gemfibrozil)
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Tamiflu, Drowsiness
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of side effects of Tamiflu for a patient with Influenza B. The patient has Dehydration, Stomach Pain, Confusion, Tight Chest, No Sleep
Comments: curious had CBC done with Flu nasal swab....at time WBC count was 4.5....3 days later, WBC count has dropped to 2.5 I feel the Tamiflu caused me more discomfort, etc....I was prescribed 5 days worth, 2x /day. I stopped after 3rd dose....It felt too powerful over my body.....I may have be ...
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Prochlorperazine Maleate, Sertraline for a patient with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Depression. The patient has Drowsiness
Comments: Only started taking Prochlorperazine Maleate within the last month & have been experiencing severe Drowsiness which has been impacting my ability to work (Office) effectively. Suffering disorientation & vision issues (focussing).
I have a Doctors apppointment arranged for this Friday to discuss.
- A study of side effects of Norco for a patient with Pain - Back. The patient has Sleepiness (excess sleeping)
Comments: Within an hour of taking Norco (10/325), I literally pass out. I cannot keep my eyes open. Unless I force myself to run around (cleaning house, doing errands, etc), I will fall asleep. This symptom only started this week. I have been taking Norco for 9 weeks now, off and on and it never had this aff ...
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Amoxicillin for a patient with Influenza B, Flu. The patient has Hyponatraemia, Edema, Abdominal Bloating, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Nausea, Headache, Pain - Back, Muscle Cramps, Fever, Weakness
Comments: Developed influenza symptoms last Wednesday. Went to family physician on Thursday who prescribed Amoxicillin. Symptoms then began to worsen, feeling extremely weak, headache, loss of appetite, restless, diarrhea and back pain. Went to the ER on Sunday began vomiting at the hospital. Given IV fluids. ...
More related studies for: Tamiflu, Drowsiness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.