Tamiflu and Hypertension - from FDA reports
Hypertension is found among people who take Tamiflu, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levaquin, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Hypertension with Tamiflu. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,220 people who have side effects when taking Tamiflu from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
14,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamiflu.
Among them, 166 people (1.17%) have Hypertension
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tamiflu when people have Hypertension *:
- < 1 month: 96.92 %
- 1 - 6 months: 3.08 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypertension when taking Tamiflu *:
- female: 67.47 %
- male: 32.53 %
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Tamiflu *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.28 %
- 10-19: 3.21 %
- 20-29: 8.97 %
- 30-39: 7.69 %
- 40-49: 12.18 %
- 50-59: 20.51 %
- 60+: 46.15 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (25 people, 15.06%)
- Lupus Nephritis (8 people, 4.82%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (7 people, 4.22%)
- Birth Control (6 people, 3.61%)
- Arrhythmias (6 people, 3.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Levaquin (50 people, 30.12%)
- Lipitor (46 people, 27.71%)
- Aspirin (45 people, 27.11%)
- Zithromax (38 people, 22.89%)
- Zyrtec (37 people, 22.29%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (55 people, 33.13%)
- Malaise (45 people, 27.11%)
- Pain (44 people, 26.51%)
- Fall (43 people, 25.90%)
- Dizziness (42 people, 25.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hypertension when taking Tamiflu?
- Check symptoms - is hypertension caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHypertension and drugs with ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypertension and Tamiflu from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tamiflu has active ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate. It is often used in the flu. (latest outcomes from Tamiflu 15,039 users)
Hypertension (high blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, depression (latest reports from 541,335 Hypertension patients).
Browse all side effects of Tamiflua b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HypertensionHypertension
Could your condition cause HypertensionHypertension
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My blood pressure always used to be on the lower side. I am taking Methadone 7.5mg daily(2.5mg 3 times daily) for chronic pain. Ever since I am on 2.5mg Methdone tablets every 8 hours since nine months, my blood pressure has become very uncontrollable i.e. has been on the higher side.
User reviews to the study
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
Has anyone taken Diflucan that also has high blood pressure and are having really high increase in blood pressure. My is running in 170/ 111_ even after sleeping and woke up took it and the bottom number was 103. It's been about a week since I took the last Diflucan