Home > Tamiflu > Mouth ulcers > Tamiflu and Mouth ulcers
Review: could Tamiflu cause Mouth ulcers?
Summary: Mouth ulcers is found among people who take Tamiflu, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Influenza.
We study 10,402 people who have side effects while taking Tamiflu from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Mouth ulcers. Find out below who they are, when they have Mouth ulcers and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tamiflu and have Mouth ulcers >>>
Tamiflu (latest outcomes from 10,914 users) has active ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate. It is often used in the flu.
Mouth ulcers (latest reports from 9,951 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, pain, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 10,402 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamiflu. Among them, 19 people (0.18%) have Mouth Ulcers.
Time on Tamiflu when people have Mouth ulcers * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mouth ulcers||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Tamiflu * :
|Mouth ulcers||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Tamiflu * :
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||10.53%||10.53%||21.05%||21.05%||21.05%||0.00%||15.79% |
Severity of Mouth ulcers when taking Tamiflu ** :
How people recovered from Mouth ulcers ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Influenza (8 people, 42.11%)
- Lower respiratory tract infection (1 people, 5.26%)
- Asthma (1 people, 5.26%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 5.26%)
- Localised osteoarthritis (1 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (2 people, 10.53%)
- Allopurinol (2 people, 10.53%)
- Hyzaar (2 people, 10.53%)
- Cyclosporine (1 people, 5.26%)
- Buprenorphine hcl (1 people, 5.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mouth Ulcers while taking Tamiflu?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tamiflu and have Mouth Ulcers
- support group for people who take Tamiflu
- support group for people who have Mouth Ulcers
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Tamiflu, Mouth ulcers
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Narcolepsy-cataplexy and epilepsy after taking tamiflu
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, and takes Tamiflu)
Sorry for my unperfect English : ) I'm french.
I suddenly declared an "atypic" Narcolepsy-cataplexy after taking two pills of TAMIFLU in 2007. My husband was ill, and our family doctor recommanded me and my baby to take the same medecine otherwise we should also catch the "bad" flu.
I took two pil ...
- Steven-johnsons syndrome caused by zoloft
(Posted by a 18 year old girl who has Depression - Adolescents, Lip Pain, Lip Bleeding, Lip Cracking, Fever Between 99.9 And 102.6 Fahrenheit, Hot Flashes, Ulcer - Mouth, Steven-Johnsons Syndrome, and takes Zoloft)
Was diagnosed with depression start of last year due to my Aspergers multiplying school pressures for me. I was not put on any medication until 4 weeks ago. I was put on Zoloft 25mg, which slowly increased to 50mg. The moment I started on 50mg it caused severe lip dryness leading to cracking of the ...
- Mouth ulceration in cozaar
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Mouth Ulcers Caused By Losartaor Zetia, Mouth Ulceration, and takes Zetia)
For painful mouth ulcers caused either by my blood pressure drug, Losartan, or my cholesterol med, Zetia, I rinsed my mouth with warm salt water. The ulcers are healed. I have other side effects but both these drugs cause similar symptoms it's impossible to tell which is causing certain side effects ...
- Slowing getting better from mouth ulcers
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Mouth Ulcers)
I took one Malerone pill and got bleeding mouth ulcers. Only one- then I stopped due to the issue I did not go on my safari but returned to Chicago. Ten days later it is slowly resolving with antibacterial mouth wash. Very scary- never had any issues with malerone before. Do not take any other ...
More reviews for: Tamiflu, Mouth ulcers
- A study of side effects of Tamiflu for a patient with Influenza B. The patient has Dehydration, Stomach Pain, Confusion, Tight Chest, No Sleep
Comments: curious had CBC done with Flu nasal swab....at time WBC count was 4.5....3 days later, WBC count has dropped to 2.5 I feel the Tamiflu caused me more discomfort, etc....I was prescribed 5 days worth, 2x /day. I stopped after 3rd dose....It felt too powerful over my body.....I may have be ...
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Amoxicillin for a patient with Influenza B, Flu. The patient has Hyponatraemia, Edema, Abdominal Bloating, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Nausea, Headache, Pain - Back, Muscle Cramps, Fever, Weakness
Comments: Developed influenza symptoms last Wednesday. Went to family physician on Thursday who prescribed Amoxicillin. Symptoms then began to worsen, feeling extremely weak, headache, loss of appetite, restless, diarrhea and back pain. Went to the ER on Sunday began vomiting at the hospital. Given IV fluids. ...
- A study of side effects of Tamiflu for a patient with Flu. The patient has Lesions On Hand And Legs Extreme Fatigue, Extreme Pain To Arms,legs And Ankles
Comments: NOTE: Patient began illness on 2/13/14 & prescription began on 2/14/14, Symptoms occurred approximately 5 days later.
My mom was prescribed tamiflu and a cpack of arithimiazine while she had pneumonia and was thought to maybe have the flu. After four -five days of taking the prescriptions she beg ...
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Sucralfate, Ativan, Prozac, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Abilify, Guanfacine Hydrochloride for a patient with Constipation, Inflammation - Esophagus, Autistic Behavior, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Gerd. The patient has Tongue Ulceration, Constipation, Aggression Aggravated, Mouth Ulcers, Vomiting, Self-induced Vomiting
Comments: Pervasive developmental disorder...autism...unexplained g.i. Issues with multiple procedures only finding inflammation...prescribed sucralfate after severe vomiting which seemed to help for awhile, but cycle seems to be starting all over again...vomits often after eating
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Metformin, Benicar Hct, Mucinex Dm, Azithromycin for a patient with Influenza Like Illness, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Ear Congestion, Bronchitis. The patient has Fever, Cough
Comments: I had a cough and fever, went to the doctor and they tested me for influenza type a and b, the result was negative. My fever was 101.8. The doctor prescribe Tamiflu because I have the flu like symptoms a little over 24hrs. I took the medication and my fever was gone. I returned to the doctor becaus ...
More related studies for: Tamiflu, Mouth ulcers
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall?
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had ... (25 minutes ago)
- Is ibuprofen safe to use if i have retinitis pigmentosa?
I have bulging disc pain that I use Ibuprofen for. I can b ... (2 hours ago)
- Is it ok to take celebrex while on dexilant?
I'm required to take Dexilant for one month and I suddenly ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (11 hours ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (1 day ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a 33-year old woman who has Hip Pain (6 minutes ago)
- Hydrochlorothiazide, Aspirin, Albuterol, Lipitor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Metformin for a 54-year old man who has High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Asthma Late Onset, Hypercholesterolaemia, Heart Attack, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Diabetes (12 minutes ago)
- Plan B One-step for a 18-year old girl who has Unprotected Sex (33 minutes ago)