Review: could Tamiflu cause Mouth ulcers?
Summary: Mouth ulcers is found among people who take Tamiflu, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Omeprazole, and have The flu.
We study 10,431 people who have side effects while taking Tamiflu from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Mouth ulcers. Find out below who they are, when they have Mouth ulcers and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tamiflu and have Mouth ulcers >>>
Tamiflu has active ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate. It is often used in the flu. (latest outcomes from 10,944 Tamiflu users)
Mouth ulcers has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, pain, breast cancer. (latest reports from 9,981 Mouth ulcers patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 10,429 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamiflu. Among them, 19 people (0.18%) have Mouth Ulcers.
Time on Tamiflu when people have Mouth ulcers * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mouth ulcers||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Tamiflu * :
|Mouth ulcers||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Tamiflu * :
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||10.53%||10.53%||21.05%||21.05%||21.05%||0.00%||15.79% |
Severity of Mouth ulcers when taking Tamiflu ** :
How people recovered from Mouth ulcers ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Influenza (8 people, 42.11%)
- Lower respiratory tract infection (1 people, 5.26%)
- Asthma (1 people, 5.26%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 5.26%)
- Localised osteoarthritis (1 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (2 people, 10.53%)
- Allopurinol (2 people, 10.53%)
- Hyzaar (2 people, 10.53%)
- Cyclosporine (1 people, 5.26%)
- Buprenorphine hcl (1 people, 5.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tamiflu and mouth ulcers on
Do you have Mouth Ulcers while taking Tamiflu?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tamiflu and have Mouth Ulcers
- support group for people who take Tamiflu
- support group for people who have Mouth Ulcers
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Altace, Crestor, Flomax, Levoxyl for a 82-year old man with Blood Clots, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Birth Control, Urinary Ca+2, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Angina - Stable, Mouth Ulceration, Anaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Nexium, Metformin, Lexapro, Levaquin for a 52-year old woman with ADHD, Acid Reflux, Diabetes, Depression, Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling, Mouth Ulcers
- A study of side effects of Tamiflu for a 68-year old woman with Flu. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a 29-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ulcer - Mouth
Recent Tamiflu related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.