Tamiflu and Mouth ulcers - from FDA reports
Mouth ulcers is found among people who take Tamiflu, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Afinitor, and have Insomnia. This review analyzes which people have Mouth ulcers with Tamiflu. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,220 people who have side effects when taking Tamiflu from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 27, 2017
14,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamiflu.
Among them, 26 people (0.18%) have Mouth ulcers
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tamiflu when people have Mouth ulcers *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Tamiflu *:
- female: 68 %
- male: 32 %
Age of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Tamiflu *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 20.83 %
- 10-19: 8.33 %
- 20-29: 16.67 %
- 30-39: 16.67 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 20.83 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (2 people, 7.69%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 7.69%)
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infection (1 person, 3.85%)
- Haemorrhoids (1 person, 3.85%)
- Bipolar Disorder (1 person, 3.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Omeprazole (2 people, 7.69%)
- Norvasc (2 people, 7.69%)
- Hyzaar (2 people, 7.69%)
- Allopurinol (2 people, 7.69%)
- Afinitor (2 people, 7.69%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Erythema Multiforme (6 people, 23.08%)
- Swallowing Difficulty (4 people, 15.38%)
- Stomatitis (4 people, 15.38%)
- Pain (4 people, 15.38%)
- Thrombocytopenia (3 people, 11.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Mouth ulcers when taking Tamiflu?
- Check symptoms - is mouth ulcers caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMouth ulcers and drugs with ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMouth ulcers and Tamiflu from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tamiflu has active ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate. It is often used in the flu. (latest outcomes from Tamiflu 15,039 users)
Mouth ulcers has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 14,731 Mouth ulcers patients).
Browse all side effects of Tamiflua b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Mouth ulcersMouth ulcers
Could your condition cause Mouth ulcersMouth ulcers
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I've been taking Gabapentin for a few months now and I'm starting to have effects. Hands swollen and painful. Sores in my mouth. Blood blister on roof of my mouth. Sore throat as well. Dr today again. Ty. J
Been taking Arimidex for 2 years with no problems, however for the last three months mouth ulcers are persistent. I've stopped taking it for a week and the ulcers disappeared. Once I resume my daily dosage the ulcers return. What can I do?
Hi, I've been on effexor 75mg for a couple months and have had painful mouth sores ever since. I find it works well for anxiety but my tongue is in so much pain that I'm at a loss whether I wanna continue taking it. Does anyone else suffer from this problem as well?
I have been suffering with extreme mouth ulcers for 9 months. I am on Metformin 500mgm twice daily. I have seen several specialists, had a biopsy with negitive results and many blood tests. I have repeatedly asked the doctors if my medication could be the cause and always got no for an ...