Tamiflu and Taste loss - from FDA reports
Taste loss is reported only by a few people who take Tamiflu. We study 14,220 people who have side effects while taking Tamiflu from FDA. Among them, 4 have Taste loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Taste loss and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 13, 2017
14,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamiflu.
Among them, 4 people (0.03%) have Taste loss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Taste loss when taking Tamiflu *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Taste loss when taking Tamiflu *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 66.67 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zithromax (2 people, 50.00%)
- Tenormin (2 people, 50.00%)
- Prozac (2 people, 50.00%)
- Percocet (2 people, 50.00%)
- Covera-Hs (2 people, 50.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Smell - Impaired (2 people, 50.00%)
- Pulmonary Congestion (2 people, 50.00%)
- Fatigue (2 people, 50.00%)
- Drug Ineffective (2 people, 50.00%)
- Cough (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Taste loss when taking Tamiflu?
- Check symptoms - is taste loss caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsTaste loss and drugs with ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeTaste loss and Tamiflu from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tamiflu has active ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate. It is often used in the flu. (latest outcomes from Tamiflu 15,039 users)
Taste loss has been reported by people with bronchitis acute, type 1 diabetes, nasal discharge, blood aldosterone decreased, bladder distension (latest reports from 1,281 Taste loss patients).
Browse all side effects of Tamiflua b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Taste lossTaste loss
Could your condition cause Taste lossTaste loss
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Was on Ceftriaxone IV for 4-months. Starting about 2-3 weeks after stopping injections, my taste loss became noticeable and has persisted for about a month-to-date. Can't think of any other reasons which could cause taste loss. Tip area of tongue is tender but not inflamed nor noticeable ...
I had the flu and the hospital gave me Tamiflu with my Calcium tablet which I have just read causes hearing loss does anyone know how long it lasts. It extremely frustrating.. Also shouldn't the hospital know not to give me both things