Review: could Tamiflu cause Urinary retention?
Summary: Urinary retention is found among people who take Tamiflu, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Singulair, and have The flu.
We study 10,429 people who have side effects while taking Tamiflu from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Urinary retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tamiflu and have Urinary retention >>>
Tamiflu has active ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate. It is often used in the flu. (latest outcomes from 10,943 Tamiflu users)
Urinary retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 13,968 Urinary retention patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 10,422 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamiflu. Among them, 14 people (0.13%) have Urinary Retention.
Time on Tamiflu when people have Urinary retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary retention||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary retention when taking Tamiflu * :
|Urinary retention||61.54%||38.46% |
Age of people who have Urinary retention when taking Tamiflu * :
|Urinary retention||0.00%||8.33%||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||0.00%||25.00%||58.33% |
Severity of Urinary retention when taking Tamiflu ** :
How people recovered from Urinary retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Influenza (3 people, 21.43%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Singulair (5 people, 35.71%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 35.71%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 28.57%)
- Flexeril (4 people, 28.57%)
- Niacin (4 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Retention while taking Tamiflu?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Tamiflu and have Urinary Retention
- support group for people who take Tamiflu
- support group for people who have Urinary Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of side effects of Welchol for a 80-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urinary Retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder)
- A study of side effects of Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 47-year old woman with Aanxiety And Depression. The patient has Urinary Retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder)
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a 36-year old woman with Weight Loss. The patient has Urinary Retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder)
Recent Tamiflu related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.