Home > Tamiflu > Urinary retention > Tamiflu and Urinary retention
Review: could Tamiflu cause Urinary retention?
Summary: Urinary retention is found among people who take Tamiflu, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Singulair, and have Influenza.
We study 10,402 people who have side effects while taking Tamiflu from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Urinary retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tamiflu and have Urinary retention >>>
Tamiflu (latest outcomes from 10,914 users) has active ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate. It is often used in the flu.
Urinary retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder) (latest reports from 13,818 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 10,402 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamiflu. Among them, 14 people (0.13%) have Urinary Retention.
Time on Tamiflu when people have Urinary retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary retention||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary retention when taking Tamiflu * :
|Urinary retention||61.54%||38.46% |
Age of people who have Urinary retention when taking Tamiflu * :
|Urinary retention||0.00%||8.33%||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||0.00%||25.00%||58.33% |
Severity of Urinary retention when taking Tamiflu ** :
How people recovered from Urinary retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Influenza (3 people, 21.43%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Singulair (5 people, 35.71%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 35.71%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 28.57%)
- Flexeril (4 people, 28.57%)
- Niacin (4 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Retention while taking Tamiflu?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tamiflu and have Urinary Retention
- support group for people who take Tamiflu
- support group for people who have Urinary Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can urinary retention cause severe dizziness and lightheartedness?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Nausea, Urinary Retention, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Eczema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS))
I had a kidney infection for 1.5 months diagnosed in August this year it took 2 lots of antibiotics to kick it but now I am left with SEVERE urinary retention I had a cystoscopy which only lasted for 24 hours it was done when I was awake so I think that it wasn't very affective by the next morning I ...
- Is my chance of tremors high if i am getting treated with endep?
(Asked by a 26 year old man who has Lazy Bowel, Lower Limb Weakness, Depression - Chronic, Duodenogastric Reflux, Urinary Retention, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis (T2 - L3), and takes Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycodone Hydrochloride , Pantoprazole Sodium, Naproxen)
The oxycodone hydrochloride also has naloxone hydrochloride in it (targin) and its pretty new on the market to treat pain + constipation. i was put on endep right after i noticed getting nightmares because of the mirtazapine i was taking for my chronic depression.
More questions for: Tamiflu, Urinary retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Narcolepsy-cataplexy and epilepsy after taking tamiflu (1 response)
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, and takes Tamiflu)
Sorry for my unperfect English : ) I'm french.
I suddenly declared an "atypic" Narcolepsy-cataplexy after taking two pills of TAMIFLU in 2007. My husband was ill, and our family doctor recommanded me and my baby to take the same medecine otherwise we should also catch the "bad" flu.
I took two pil ...
More reviews for: Tamiflu, Urinary retention
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of side effects of Tamiflu for a patient with Influenza B. The patient has Dehydration, Stomach Pain, Confusion, Tight Chest, No Sleep
Comments: curious had CBC done with Flu nasal swab....at time WBC count was 4.5....3 days later, WBC count has dropped to 2.5 I feel the Tamiflu caused me more discomfort, etc....I was prescribed 5 days worth, 2x /day. I stopped after 3rd dose....It felt too powerful over my body.....I may have be ...
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Amoxicillin for a patient with Influenza B, Flu. The patient has Hyponatraemia, Edema, Abdominal Bloating, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Nausea, Headache, Pain - Back, Muscle Cramps, Fever, Weakness
Comments: Developed influenza symptoms last Wednesday. Went to family physician on Thursday who prescribed Amoxicillin. Symptoms then began to worsen, feeling extremely weak, headache, loss of appetite, restless, diarrhea and back pain. Went to the ER on Sunday began vomiting at the hospital. Given IV fluids. ...
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Urinary Retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder)
Comments: Dosage for methotrexate is 15 to 17 mg. over ten year period.
Have been taking about 800 mg. of frolic acid per day, plus whatever occurs naturally in food.
For about a year have been dealing with urinary retention. Don't know if there is a connection.
Will be seeing my doctor tomorrow .
- A study of side effects of Tamiflu for a patient with Flu. The patient has Lesions On Hand And Legs Extreme Fatigue, Extreme Pain To Arms,legs And Ankles
Comments: NOTE: Patient began illness on 2/13/14 & prescription began on 2/14/14, Symptoms occurred approximately 5 days later.
My mom was prescribed tamiflu and a cpack of arithimiazine while she had pneumonia and was thought to maybe have the flu. After four -five days of taking the prescriptions she beg ...
More related studies for: Tamiflu, Urinary retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.