Review: could Tamiflu cause Yeast infection - vagina (Vaginal yeast infection)?
Summary: Yeast infection - vagina is reported only by a few people who take Tamiflu.
We study 10,402 people who have side effects while taking Tamiflu from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Yeast infection - vagina. Find out below who they are, when they have Yeast infection - vagina and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tamiflu and have Yeast infection - vagina >>>
Tamiflu has active ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate. It is often used in the flu. (latest outcomes from Tamiflu 10,917 users)
Yeast infection - vagina
Yeast infection - vagina (fungal infection of vagina) has been reported by people with depression, birth control, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Yeast infection - vagina 1,031 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 10,402 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamiflu. Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Yeast Infection - Vagina.
Time on Tamiflu when people have Yeast infection - vagina * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Yeast infection - vagina||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Yeast infection - vagina when taking Tamiflu * :
|Yeast infection - vagina||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Yeast infection - vagina when taking Tamiflu * :
|Yeast infection - vagina||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Yeast infection - vagina when taking Tamiflu ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Yeast infection - vagina||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Yeast infection - vagina ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Yeast infection - vagina||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Influenza (1 people, 50.00%)
- Flu (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1 people, 50.00%)
- Ibuprofen (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Yeast Infection - Vagina while taking Tamiflu?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tamiflu and have Yeast Infection - Vagina
- support group for people who take Tamiflu
- support group for people who have Yeast Infection - Vagina
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar. (1 answer)
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cleared this stuborn condition.
More questions for: Tamiflu, Yeast infection - vagina
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Kenalog injection nightmare! (1 response)
First weird symptom started with a mild sore throat that turned into swollen throat that felt like I had an obstructed airway.
Then about 2 weeks after that I had a period that lasted on and off extremely heavy for 3 weeks
Then I noticed a large indent on top of my right butt cheek
Shortly after that a dreaded yeast infection.
I had no idea that all of this was a result of the injection I received until I tried to find out why I had this indentation on my butt!!! I'm soooooo angry! This will cost me thousands to have fixed, never mind what other afflictions I might get in the meantime!!! :(
- Narcolepsy-cataplexy and epilepsy after taking tamiflu (1 response)
Sorry for my unperfect English : ) I'm french.
I suddenly declared an "atypic" Narcolepsy-cataplexy after taking two pills of TAMIFLU in 2007. My husband was ill, and our family doctor recommanded me and my baby to take the same medecine otherwise we should also catch the "bad" flu.
I took two pills of TAMIFLU and fell down at my office, unanimated but not unconscious, unable to move, prisonner in my own body. Till this day, I couldn't help falling down 10 to 15 Times a day, being sleepy all the day long, being paralysed when I Wake up in the morning. Several nights I also experimented tonic-clonic epilepsy seizures and insomnia. My life would never be the same till then.
I was misdiagnotised the first time, since I didn't carry the "HLA specific type" confirming a typical narcolepsy. But the cataplexy attacks were so specifically that I obtained to be recieved in a sleep-center to check my sleepness architecture. The results were shortly confirming the diagnosis of Narcolpesy-Cataplexy in its nontypical form, "secondary type" as in rare cases as following a trauma, and also the diagnostics of frontal epilepsy.
I precise I did NEVER had seizure or epilepsy crises before the day I fell down after taking TAMILFU.
At the RMI, I was detected an "intrasellar arachnoidocele" which could explain the survenience of my symptoms. It's sudden appearance might have been a side effect of TAMIFLU which is now known to rich (oseltamivir substance)the blood-brain barrier and cause irreversible dammages to brain.
As a conclusion, TAMIFLU appeared to be responsable of a "medecinal intoxication" causing the narcolepsy-cataplexy I suddenly suffer since then.
Several Years after, we hear about narcolepsy cases caused by the massive H1N1 vaccinations... But what about me, am I the only one case declared by TAMIFLU and its molecule oseltamivir ?
More reviews for: Tamiflu, Yeast infection - vagina
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I am a Type 1 diabetic on insulin pump therapy with the continuous glucose monitoring link. I also take a Sertraline pill a day to take the edge off, but do not always take it on time during the hectic weekends/holidays. The past 2 days (day 3 and 4 of Tamiflu medication) had episodes where my blood ...
- curious had CBC done with Flu nasal swab....at time WBC count was 4.5....3 days later, WBC count has dropped to 2.5 I feel the Tamiflu caused me more discomfort, etc....I was prescribed 5 days worth, 2x /day. I stopped after 3rd dose....It felt too powerful over my body.....I may have be ...
- Developed influenza symptoms last Wednesday. Went to family physician on Thursday who prescribed Amoxicillin. Symptoms then began to worsen, feeling extremely weak, headache, loss of appetite, restless, diarrhea and back pain. Went to the ER on Sunday began vomiting at the hospital. Given IV fluids. ...
- NOTE: Patient began illness on 2/13/14 & prescription began on 2/14/14, Symptoms occurred approximately 5 days later.
My mom was prescribed tamiflu and a cpack of arithimiazine while she had pneumonia and was thought to maybe have the flu. After four -five days of taking the prescriptions she beg ...
- I had a cough and fever, went to the doctor and they tested me for influenza type a and b, the result was negative. My fever was 101.8. The doctor prescribe Tamiflu because I have the flu like symptoms a little over 24hrs. I took the medication and my fever was gone. I returned to the doctor becaus ...
More related studies for: Tamiflu, Yeast infection - vagina
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.