Tamoxifen citrate and Complex partial seizures - from FDA reports
Complex partial seizures is reported only by a few people who take Tamoxifen Citrate. We study 8,553 people who have side effects while taking Tamoxifen citrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Complex partial seizures. Find out below who they are, when they have Complex partial seizures and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Tamoxifen citrate has active ingredients of tamoxifen citrate. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Tamoxifen citrate 9,477 users)
Complex Partial Seizures
Complex partial seizures (epileptic seizure) has been reported by people with epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, convulsion, complex partial seizures, depression (latest reports from 4,260 Complex partial seizures patients).
On Feb, 08, 2017
8,553 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamoxifen Citrate.
Among them, 4 people (0.05%) have Complex Partial Seizures
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tamoxifen Citrate when people have Complex Partial Seizures *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Complex Partial Seizures when taking Tamoxifen Citrate *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Complex Partial Seizures when taking Tamoxifen Citrate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 75 %
- 60+: 25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Grand Mal Convulsion (2 people, 50.00%)
- Breast Cancer (2 people, 50.00%)
- Reflux Oesophagitis (1 person, 25.00%)
- Eye Pain (1 person, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Phenytoin (3 people, 75.00%)
- Lansoprazole (2 people, 50.00%)
- Carbamazepine (2 people, 50.00%)
- Alendronic Acid (2 people, 50.00%)
- Herceptin (1 person, 25.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Atonic Seizures (3 people, 75.00%)
- Weakness (2 people, 50.00%)
- Swallowing Difficulty (2 people, 50.00%)
- Altered State Of Consciousness (2 people, 50.00%)
- Tumor Pain (1 person, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Complex partial seizures when taking Tamoxifen citrate?
- Check symptoms - is complex partial seizures caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Tamoxifen citratea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Complex partial seizuresComplex partial seizures
Could your condition cause Complex partial seizuresComplex partial seizures
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi, I'm 47yr old, Breast cancer survivor. Diagnosed in June 2011 with oestrogen positive & her2 positive Breast cancer.. I had 6 chemo cycles, 25 radio therapies & 14 herceptins, I've been on Tamoxifen 5yrs and have just been advised by oncology to take it for another 5 years. Lately I've ...
Tamoxifen and paronychia: I started Tamoxifen 8 years ago and have now suffered for years from paronychia, most likely candidal p.. It started slowly with one finger, then two until most of my fingers were affected and I started to lose nails. Doctors have not been able to help me control it. ...