Review: could Tamoxifen citrate cause Anemia?
Summary: Anemia is reported only by a few people who take Tamoxifen citrate.
We study 8,730 people who have side effects while taking Tamoxifen citrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Anemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Anemia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Anemia >>>
Tamoxifen citrate has active ingredients of tamoxifen citrate. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from 9,145 Tamoxifen citrate users)
Anemia (less than the normal quantity of haemoglobin in the blood) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest reports from 558 Anemia patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 8,728 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamoxifen citrate. Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Anemia.
Time on Tamoxifen citrate when people have Anemia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Anemia when taking Tamoxifen citrate * :
Severity of Anemia when taking Tamoxifen citrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anemia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cancer - breast (1 people, 50.00%)
- Breast cancer (1 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 50.00%)
- Proctitis (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Azathioprine (1 people, 50.00%)
- Fluoxetine (1 people, 50.00%)
- Asacol (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tamoxifen citrate and anemia on
Do you have Anemia while taking Tamoxifen Citrate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Anemia
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate
- support group for people who have Anemia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a 50-year old woman with Cancer - Breast. The patient has High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Nolvadex for a 44-year old woman with Anaemia, Cancer - Breast.
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Zoladex for a 43-year old woman with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Psychosis
- A study of drug interactions between Valtrex, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Lortab, Dexilant, Valium, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Simvastatin, Advair Diskus 100/50 for a 52-year old woman with Shingles, Emphysema, Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Anxiety And Stress, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Depression, Cholesterosis. The patient has Anemia
Recent Tamoxifen citrate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.