Review: could Tamoxifen citrate cause Deafness (Hearing loss)?
Summary: Deafness is found among people who take Tamoxifen citrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 8,728 people who have side effects while taking Tamoxifen citrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 69 have Deafness. Find out below who they are, when they have Deafness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Deafness >>>
Tamoxifen citrate has active ingredients of tamoxifen citrate. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from 9,143 Tamoxifen citrate users)
Deafness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 10,392 Deafness patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 8,723 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamoxifen citrate. Among them, 75 people (0.86%) have Deafness.
Time on Tamoxifen citrate when people have Deafness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Tamoxifen citrate * :
Severity of Deafness when taking Tamoxifen citrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Deafness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (27 people, 36.00%)
- Metastases to bone (25 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (21 people, 28.00%)
- Prostate cancer (7 people, 9.33%)
- Depression (7 people, 9.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (50 people, 66.67%)
- Aredia (36 people, 48.00%)
- Fosamax (24 people, 32.00%)
- Ambien (23 people, 30.67%)
- Faslodex (21 people, 28.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tamoxifen citrate and deafness on
Do you have Deafness while taking Tamoxifen Citrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Deafness
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate
- support group for people who have Deafness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 62-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Hearing Loss
- A study of side effects of Allopurinol for a 58-year old man with Gouty Arthritis. The patient has Hearing Loss
- A study of side effects of Chlorella for a 26-year old woman with Ibs. The patient has Hearing Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Taxol for a 58-year old woman with Breast Cancer Recurrent, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Zyrtec, Mucinex, Centrum Silver, Tekturna, Travatan Z for a 55-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Enzyme Supplementation, Hypertension, Glaucoma. The patient has Vertigo, Hearing Loss
Recent Tamoxifen citrate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.