Review: could Tamoxifen citrate cause Deafness (Hearing loss)?
Summary: Deafness is found among people who take Tamoxifen citrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 8,706 people who have side effects while taking Tamoxifen citrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 69 have Deafness. Find out below who they are, when they have Deafness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Deafness >>>
Tamoxifen citrate has active ingredients of tamoxifen citrate. It is often used in breast cancer. (view latest outcomes from 9,123 users)
Deafness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Deafness 10,219 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 8,702 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamoxifen citrate. Among them, 75 people (0.86%) have Deafness.
Time on Tamoxifen citrate when people have Deafness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Tamoxifen citrate * :
Severity of Deafness when taking Tamoxifen citrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Deafness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (27 people, 36.00%)
- Metastases to bone (25 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (21 people, 28.00%)
- Prostate cancer (7 people, 9.33%)
- Depression (7 people, 9.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (50 people, 66.67%)
- Aredia (36 people, 48.00%)
- Fosamax (24 people, 32.00%)
- Ambien (23 people, 30.67%)
- Faslodex (21 people, 28.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Deafness while taking Tamoxifen Citrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Deafness
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate
- support group for people who have Deafness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can dengue feve cause hearing loss?
In Nov 2007 I contracted Dungue and sometime inn 2008 I lost my (L)hearing, just wanted to know if the 2 are linked.
- When will fluid in ear from ear infection go away? (1 answer)
Twelve days ago I my left ear suddenly started hurting, and stared to sound like my ear was under water. Pain, and pressure in both ears continued to get worse for 8 days before I saw a doctor who diagnosed infection in both ears and prescribed me amoxicillin, 500mg 3x a day.
I have taken the antibiotic on time every time for 4 full days and pain and pressure have only decreased a small amount and my hearing has not returned to normal, and seems to be affecting both ears although only the left sounds under water.
When might the fluid finally drain and my hearing return to normal? Or, when should I contact my doctor about symptoms barely improving? I have never had such a slow reaction to antibiotics, but I have also never had an ear infection even as a child.
I did try a couple home remedies to drain or dry the fluid days ago. Sweet oil just temporarily added pressure and an alcohol/vinegar mix just caused more discomfort. I am starting to become concerned about permanent damage to my hearing since the problem started almost 2 weeks ago.
- What are side effects if taking honey/cinnamon for weight loss daily and with daily rx's: pravastatine; tamoxifen; vitamins 50 plus/vitamin d 1400 units?
This question is being asked due to my reading up on honey/cinnamon supplements. It states that is is an incredible cure in some articles and in reading another article it states that cinnamon can be very dangerous if you have had breast cancer. I need to find out these important facts before I continue the procedure since I cannot discontinue taking my meds all at once.
- Is there the correlation of hearing loss with use of escitalopram 20 mg
My 18 year old son has just been found to have mild to moderate hearing loss in both ears. Could it be caused by a Rx and will his hearing return if he stops taking the medication???
- Will hearing and vision problems improve if i stop taking neurontin?
I have experienced hearing loss and an echo of all sounds , also blurred vision since starting Neurontin several months ago.
More questions for: Tamoxifen citrate, Deafness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zetia causes deafness
Took for two weeks and now have complete deafness. This was back in 2012.
- Isoniazid and deafness
As a young girl I was put on Isoniazid, I didn't put 2 and 2 together but after taking the inh I started loosing my hearing to the point I'm completely deaf in my left ear. I have found a few people having report that they lost their hearing also. I'm just curious as to about how many people have had this problem.
More reviews for: Tamoxifen citrate, Deafness
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have been experiencing some Tremors - shaking of my hands, voice, and facial muscles.
I been taking Tamoxin for the past five years. I also take Calcium and Vitamin D supplements.
I also have a family member with Parkinson's disease.
- I have experienced hearing loss within the past 8 years and wondered if it had to do with medications I have taken. I have taken others during that time including Abilify, Trileptal, Effexor. I recently have noticed a decrease in my hearing.
- 05/26/14: Having reached a plateau in discernible improvements after taking ceftriaxone IVs (2gm BID 3 days/week via port for 33 out of 38 weeks), I halted treatment two weeks ago. Still have a high degree of annoying tinnitus in both ears and a marked reduction in hearing.
- I want to know if my protruding forehead and cerebral atrophy will go away. I was taken off the medication in December 2013. I was on Aridimex for 2 years and then Tamoxifen for 6 years. Aridimex caused TMJ, Osteopenia etc.
- Attempting to find out what is causing my rash. Was off all supplements for a week with no change. Off of Tamoxifen for one week no change. Where had radiation 1 1/2 year ago area was red. & hot this morning. Calmed down later in day. Rash from neck to knees including arms.
More related studies for: Tamoxifen citrate, Deafness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.