Review: could Tamoxifen citrate cause Itching?
Summary: Itching is found among people who take Tamoxifen citrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aredia, and have Breast cancer.
We study 8,706 people who have side effects while taking Tamoxifen citrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 173 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Itching >>>
Tamoxifen citrate has active ingredients of tamoxifen citrate. It is often used in breast cancer. (view latest outcomes from 9,123 users)
Itching has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Itching 87,571 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 8,702 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamoxifen citrate. Among them, 173 people (1.99%) have Itching.
Time on Tamoxifen citrate when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Itching when taking Tamoxifen citrate * :
Severity of Itching when taking Tamoxifen citrate ** :
How people recovered from Itching ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (53 people, 30.64%)
- Osteoporosis (29 people, 16.76%)
- Metastases to bone (28 people, 16.18%)
- Eczema (19 people, 10.98%)
- Chemotherapy (18 people, 10.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aredia (71 people, 41.04%)
- Zometa (66 people, 38.15%)
- Ambien (47 people, 27.17%)
- Taxotere (47 people, 27.17%)
- Calcium (46 people, 26.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Itching while taking Tamoxifen Citrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Itching
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate
- support group for people who have Itching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Can acute pre pyloric gastritis cause hemorrhoids?
(Asked by a 30 year old man who has Itching)
Itching,constipation, blood in stools,straining
the sensation of incomplete bowel evacuation.Burning sensation.
- Does anyone have sever itching at night
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Itching, and takes Verapamil Hcl)
severe stinging and itching more at night and increased urination during the night. Problem falling asleep and staying asleep. Also have weird dreams and sometimes breathleness
- I was diagnosed with low risk prostate cancer 6 years ago, and food allergies 4 years ago. i was told that with cancer, i should not be taking claritin.
(Asked by a 82 year old man who has Itching, and takes Claritin)
I have severe itching and forever scratching myself. I take Claritin to ease the itchiness. Since I also have prostate cancer, I was told that I should not be taking an antishistamine because it would cause cancer to spread. Any comments on that?
- I cut 1/3 of my oxycontin sr 15 mg pills in half, to minimize intake. any problem with that? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Foot Edema, Low Back Pain, Itching, Short-Term Memory Loss, High Blood Pressure, Skin Lesions, and takes Atenolol, Doxazosin Mesylate)
Keflex for skin lesions.
Oxycontin has robbed me of short-term memory, and makes me tired. The foot Edema is so bad my big shoe hits the gas and brake pedals at the same time, so I can't drive with my shoe on.
I want Resiniferatoxin to permanently kill my low back pain, but the Opiate industry ...
More questions for: Tamoxifen citrate, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Itching, Rash Generalised, and takes Kale)
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more (1 response)
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Itching skin caused by taking crestor
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Itching, and takes Rosuvastatin Calcium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium)
After taking Crestor for 4 months or so, raised small spots on my forearms. More itchy evening and night, tried cortisone creams no relief. Dr though it might be due to dry skin, but on researching on the internet found this sort of information pointing to the Crestor as a possible cause. I decided ...
More reviews for: Tamoxifen citrate, Itching
- A study of side effects of Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride for a patient with Itching. The patient has Itching
Comments: my huband had sporadic itching at times, doc prescribed levocetrizine and foratidine he took it and went for a blood check up like lft and blood sugar bilirubin was 1.3 want is this because of the drug?his direct and indirect bilirubin was at upperlimit
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Calcium Deficiency, General Ill Feeling, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Tremor
Comments: I have been experiencing some Tremors - shaking of my hands, voice, and facial muscles.
I been taking Tamoxin for the past five years. I also take Calcium and Vitamin D supplements.
I also have a family member with Parkinson's disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Fentanyl for a patient with Pain. The patient has Itching, Sweating Increased, Swallowing Difficulty, Stomach Pain
Comments: I have been on transdermal fentanyl for five years. I got up to 100mcg/72 hours. I tried to wean down to get off the fentanyl patches and got down to 25 mcg. but had to increase to 50 mcg. due to pain. I have many allergies and cannot take proton pump inhibitors, Benadryl, or nausea medicines. I ha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Fluoxetine for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Itching, Urine Na+, Stools - Pale Or Clay Colored
Comments: I am wanting to find out if Prozac/Fluoxetine or Metroprolol can cause pancreatic cancer. I found out with the above symptoms that I had a blocked bile duct. In searching for the answers to these symptoms, it was discovered I had pancreatic cancer..a tumor on the head of my pancreas.
- A study of drug interactions between Selenium, Vitamin E, Green Tea, Soy Protein Isolate, Lisinopril, Atenolol, Fenofibrate for a patient with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Antioxidant Therapy, Antiangiogenic Therapy, High Blood Pressure, Blood Triglycerides. The patient has Vision Impairment, Itching, Abdominal Pain
Comments: Many years ago I took gemfibrizil and was sickened by it. Seven years ago I took Lipitor for 9 days and my kidneys shut down. Seven months ago I started Fenofibrate and now have suddenly been diagnosed with diabetes and gall stones. DID THE FENOFIBRATE CAUSE THE DIABETES AND GALL STONES?
More related studies for: Tamoxifen citrate, Itching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.