Review: could Tamoxifen citrate cause Lymphoma?
Summary: Lymphoma is found among people who take Tamoxifen citrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Tylenol-500, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 8,730 people who have side effects while taking Tamoxifen citrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 34 have Lymphoma. Find out below who they are, when they have Lymphoma and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Lymphoma >>>
Tamoxifen citrate has active ingredients of tamoxifen citrate. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from 9,145 Tamoxifen citrate users)
Lymphoma (cancer that begins in immune system cells) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, crohn's disease, hiv infection, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 10,617 Lymphoma patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 8,730 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamoxifen citrate. Among them, 34 people (0.39%) have Lymphoma.
Time on Tamoxifen citrate when people have Lymphoma * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Lymphoma when taking Tamoxifen citrate * :
Severity of Lymphoma when taking Tamoxifen citrate ** :
How people recovered from Lymphoma ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (13 people, 38.24%)
- Breast cancer (9 people, 26.47%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (8 people, 23.53%)
- Oral disorder (7 people, 20.59%)
- Eczema (7 people, 20.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tylenol-500 (14 people, 41.18%)
- Lasix (14 people, 41.18%)
- Neulasta (14 people, 41.18%)
- Ativan (13 people, 38.24%)
- Coumadin (12 people, 35.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lymphoma while taking Tamoxifen Citrate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Lymphoma
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate
- support group for people who have Lymphoma
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a 50-year old woman with Cancer - Breast. The patient has High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Nolvadex for a 44-year old woman with Anaemia, Cancer - Breast.
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Zoladex for a 43-year old woman with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Psychosis
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Taxol for a 58-year old woman with Breast Cancer Recurrent, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Meloxicam, Tamoxifen Citrate for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Back Pain - Nonspecific, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Chest Pressure Sensation, Cough, Shortness Of Breath
Recent Tamoxifen citrate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.