Home > Tamoxifen citrate > Mood swings > Tamoxifen citrate and Mood swings
Review: could Tamoxifen citrate cause Mood swings?
Summary: Mood swings is found among people who take Tamoxifen citrate, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 8,702 people who have side effects while taking Tamoxifen citrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 67 have Mood swings. Find out below who they are, when they have Mood swings and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Mood swings >>>
Tamoxifen citrate (latest outcomes from 9,118 users) has active ingredients of tamoxifen citrate. It is often used in breast cancer.
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) (latest reports from 121,885 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 8,693 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamoxifen citrate. Among them, 67 people (0.77%) have Mood Swings.
Time on Tamoxifen citrate when people have Mood swings * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Tamoxifen citrate * :
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||32.31%||30.77%||24.62%||12.31% |
Severity of Mood swings when taking Tamoxifen citrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mood swings||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Mood swings ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (19 people, 28.36%)
- Breast cancer (17 people, 25.37%)
- Osteoporosis (14 people, 20.90%)
- Prophylaxis (14 people, 20.90%)
- Sleep apnoea syndrome (13 people, 19.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (38 people, 56.72%)
- Oxycontin (28 people, 41.79%)
- Zyprexa (26 people, 38.81%)
- Ativan (25 people, 37.31%)
- Calcium (25 people, 37.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mood Swings while taking Tamoxifen Citrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Mood Swings
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate
- support group for people who have Mood Swings
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My wife of 14 years is seeing people following her. also i cant leave my home without being accused of multiple women
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Hallucinations Paranoia, Mood Swings, Rubbing Her Nose, and takes Marijuana, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen)
my wife thinks people are following her. she also thinks when i go to work i'm seeing a woman. if i sit at home i'm going to the neighbors and seeing a woman. i cannot leave my home or go to work without her accusing me.
- What are side effects if taking honey/cinnamon for weight loss daily and with daily rx's: pravastatine; tamoxifen; vitamins 50 plus/vitamin d 1400 units?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Had Masectomy (left), High Cholestrol, and takes Pravastatin Sodium, Tamoxifen Citrate, Vitamins)
This question is being asked due to my reading up on honey/cinnamon supplements. It states that is is an incredible cure in some articles and in reading another article it states that cinnamon can be very dangerous if you have had breast cancer. I need to find out these important facts before I con ...
- Has it been determined if any of these people with ideations actually completed suicide.
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Mood Swings, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Xanax)
This information is about my late husband. He was only on Wellbutrin 5 months, but I believe it is why he completed suicide. Has anyone loss someone while being on this medication?
- Is it safe to take phentermine while taking tamoxifen
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Breast Cancer Her2+, and takes Tamoxifen Citrate)
37 year old female interested in losing weight. I have some phentermine pills left over from before I was diagnosed with stageII breast cancer a year and a half ago. I'm currently taking tamoxifen. Is it safe to take the phentermine?
- I discontinued my tamoxifin treatment for breast cancer last year i now have afib and heart arrithmia's. can this be caused by taking the tamoxifin and is it long term?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Arrhythmias, A-fib, and takes Tamoxifen Citrate)
I also had to have a complete Hysterectomy with removal of ovaries. The Tamoxifen caused changes in Uterus (pre-Cancer)Now I have Heart Arrhythmias as well as A-fib. I was asked if this could be from the 5 year use of Tamoxifen, or the lack of hormones from hysterectomy. Will it go away with discont ...
More questions for: Tamoxifen citrate, Mood swings
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lo loestrin and breast plate pain
(Posted by a 33 year old man who has Severe Acne And Facial Cysts, Mood Swings, Costochondritis, and takes Lo Loestrin Fe)
This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I felt like two different people. I turned into a lunatic when I was in my cycle - which I never knew when I was on my cycle because I bled for two days here, four days there, 5 days another time. I never knew when I was going to bleed. My fa ...
More reviews for: Tamoxifen citrate, Mood swings
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lamictal, Prozac for a patient with ADHD, Birth Control, Mood Disorder, Depression. The patient has Mood Swings, Headache, Confusion Aggravated, Absence Seizure, Fainting
Comments: Lamictal was doubled and during menses, the episodes started
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Metastases To Breast. The patient has Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints)
Comments: Left hand thumb have already had cortisone injection but it's very painful and has to held in a bent position to reduce discomfort I can't straighten it without major discomfort.
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Breast Cancer. The patient has
Comments: Shoulder blade pain
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Cyanocobalamin, Xanax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Lisinopril, Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Bursitis, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anxiety Disorder, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Weight Gain, Lymphedema, Breast Cancer In Situ, Adhesive Capsulitis, Joint Pain, Constipation, Skin Redness Or Inflammation, Insomnia, Hot Flashes, Shortness Of Breath, Skin Discolouration, Dizziness, Nausea, Fatigue, Weak Pulse
Comments: Breast Cancer in 2008, Positive node, Phyllodes tumor on chest wall, Tendonosis, Bursitis, osteoarthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Calcium, Patanase, Xyzal, Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Nasal Allergies, Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Tongue Coated
Comments: I do not have a fever, high blood pressure, issues with asthma, nor any identifiable swelling
More related studies for: Tamoxifen citrate, Mood swings
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (11 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (16 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (8 minutes ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (30 minutes ago)
- Lexapro for a 45-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (1 hour ago)