Home > Tamoxifen citrate > Sciatica > Tamoxifen citrate and Sciatica
Review: could Tamoxifen citrate cause Sciatica?
Summary: Sciatica is found among people who take Tamoxifen citrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 8,702 people who have side effects while taking Tamoxifen citrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 51 have Sciatica. Find out below who they are, when they have Sciatica and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Sciatica >>>
Tamoxifen citrate (latest outcomes from 9,118 users) has active ingredients of tamoxifen citrate. It is often used in breast cancer.
Sciatica (a set of symptoms including pain caused by general compression or irritation of one of five spinal nerve roots of each sciatic nerve) (latest reports from 45,072 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 8,693 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamoxifen citrate. Among them, 51 people (0.59%) have Sciatica.
Time on Tamoxifen citrate when people have Sciatica * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Sciatica when taking Tamoxifen citrate * :
Severity of Sciatica when taking Tamoxifen citrate ** :
How people recovered from Sciatica ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (25 people, 49.02%)
- Osteoporosis (10 people, 19.61%)
- Fungal infection (7 people, 13.73%)
- Hot flush (7 people, 13.73%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (6 people, 11.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (44 people, 86.27%)
- Aredia (35 people, 68.63%)
- Vicodin (27 people, 52.94%)
- Compazine (26 people, 50.98%)
- Coumadin (25 people, 49.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sciatica while taking Tamoxifen Citrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Sciatica
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate
- support group for people who have Sciatica
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to lessen the diarrhea i get while taking naprosyn?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Sciatica, Si Joint Disease, and takes Naprosyn)
I am already using probiotics and trying to eat yogurt once a day. I also make sure to take medication on a full stomach.
- I cannot get a direct answer from any of my drs.,is my sciatic pain caused by my interstitail cystitus?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Prolapse Heart Valve/murmor, Sciatica, Interstitail Cystitus,, and takes Hydroxyzine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Estradiol )
I have had interstitail cystitus for almost four years now.I have been on every kind of drug,other than pain pills.I will not take them,I don't believe in them they only mask the problem and cause addiction.of course,just my belief.I have had d.s.m.o. repetitively for first year and a half twice a w ...
- I have ibs, diabetes, dizziness and balance problems and sciatica. my doctor has just prescribed medrol for me for my sciatica and spinal stenosis. is this going to be ok for me?
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Sciatica, Spinal Stenosis, Spondolithesis, Neuropathy, Dizziness, Diabetes Mellitus, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium, Diovan, Evista, Atenolol, Celebrex, Pravastatin Sodium, Zetia, Indapamide, Prilosec, Aspirin)
I have been suffering from IBS since July 15. I am not on anything for it now because I tried taking Bentyl and it made me SO DIZZY I couldn't take it. I went on line and found "helpforibs.com" and it has helped me a lot. Anyway, I now have some sciatica and some problems with some neuropathy and ...
- What are side effects if taking honey/cinnamon for weight loss daily and with daily rx's: pravastatine; tamoxifen; vitamins 50 plus/vitamin d 1400 units?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Had Masectomy (left), High Cholestrol, and takes Pravastatin Sodium, Tamoxifen Citrate, Vitamins)
This question is being asked due to my reading up on honey/cinnamon supplements. It states that is is an incredible cure in some articles and in reading another article it states that cinnamon can be very dangerous if you have had breast cancer. I need to find out these important facts before I con ...
- Can taking doxycycline cause sciatica?
(Asked by a 23 year old man who has Sciatica, and takes Doxycycline Hyclate)
I have been taking doxycyline for perioral dermatitis for about 3 months. My sciatic nerve is killing me. Could there be a link? Could stopping the doxycyline cure my sciatica?
More questions for: Tamoxifen citrate, Sciatica
More reviews for: Tamoxifen citrate, Sciatica
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Metastases To Breast. The patient has Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints)
Comments: Left hand thumb have already had cortisone injection but it's very painful and has to held in a bent position to reduce discomfort I can't straighten it without major discomfort.
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Breast Cancer. The patient has
Comments: Shoulder blade pain
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism - Primary. The patient has Hypoglycaemia (deficiency of glucose in the bloodstream), Weakness, Leg Cramps, Eyes Sunken (sunken eyes mostly because of tiredness, illness and old age), Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (nerve compression at wrist results numbness weakness, pain , swelling), Neuropathy - Sciatic Nerve (inflammation and swelling of the large sciatic nerve that originates from the exit of an intervertebral nerve), Pain In Face
Comments: I was well before starting levothyrox
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Cyanocobalamin, Xanax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Lisinopril, Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Bursitis, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anxiety Disorder, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Weight Gain, Lymphedema, Breast Cancer In Situ, Adhesive Capsulitis, Joint Pain, Constipation, Skin Redness Or Inflammation, Insomnia, Hot Flashes, Shortness Of Breath, Skin Discolouration, Dizziness, Nausea, Fatigue, Weak Pulse
Comments: Breast Cancer in 2008, Positive node, Phyllodes tumor on chest wall, Tendonosis, Bursitis, osteoarthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Calcium, Patanase, Xyzal, Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Nasal Allergies, Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Tongue Coated
Comments: I do not have a fever, high blood pressure, issues with asthma, nor any identifiable swelling
More related studies for: Tamoxifen citrate, Sciatica
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.