Review: could Tamoxifen citrate cause Sciatica?
Summary: Sciatica is found among people who take Tamoxifen citrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 8,706 people who have side effects while taking Tamoxifen citrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 51 have Sciatica. Find out below who they are, when they have Sciatica and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Sciatica >>>
Tamoxifen citrate has active ingredients of tamoxifen citrate. It is often used in breast cancer. (view latest outcomes from 9,123 users)
Sciatica (a set of symptoms including pain caused by general compression or irritation of one of five spinal nerve roots of each sciatic nerve) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Sciatica 6,873 patients)
On Dec, 4, 2014: 8,706 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamoxifen citrate. Among them, 51 people (0.59%) have Sciatica.
Time on Tamoxifen citrate when people have Sciatica * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Sciatica when taking Tamoxifen citrate * :
Severity of Sciatica when taking Tamoxifen citrate ** :
How people recovered from Sciatica ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (25 people, 49.02%)
- Osteoporosis (10 people, 19.61%)
- Fungal infection (7 people, 13.73%)
- Hot flush (7 people, 13.73%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (6 people, 11.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (44 people, 86.27%)
- Aredia (35 people, 68.63%)
- Vicodin (27 people, 52.94%)
- Compazine (26 people, 50.98%)
- Coumadin (25 people, 49.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sciatica while taking Tamoxifen Citrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate and have Sciatica
- support group for people who take Tamoxifen citrate
- support group for people who have Sciatica
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to lessen the diarrhea i get while taking naprosyn?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Sciatica, Si Joint Disease, and takes Naprosyn)
I am already using probiotics and trying to eat yogurt once a day. I also make sure to take medication on a full stomach.
- I cannot get a direct answer from any of my drs.,is my sciatic pain caused by my interstitail cystitus?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Prolapse Heart Valve/murmor, Sciatica, Interstitail Cystitus,, and takes Hydroxyzine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Estradiol )
I have had interstitail cystitus for almost four years now.I have been on every kind of drug,other than pain pills.I will not take them,I don't believe in them they only mask the problem and cause addiction.of course,just my belief.I have had d.s.m.o. repetitively for first year and a half twice a w ...
- I have ibs, diabetes, dizziness and balance problems and sciatica. my doctor has just prescribed medrol for me for my sciatica and spinal stenosis. is this going to be ok for me?
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Sciatica, Spinal Stenosis, Spondolithesis, Neuropathy, Dizziness, Diabetes Mellitus, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium, Diovan, Evista, Atenolol, Celebrex, Pravastatin Sodium, Zetia, Indapamide, Prilosec, Aspirin)
I have been suffering from IBS since July 15. I am not on anything for it now because I tried taking Bentyl and it made me SO DIZZY I couldn't take it. I went on line and found "helpforibs.com" and it has helped me a lot. Anyway, I now have some sciatica and some problems with some neuropathy and ...
- What are side effects if taking honey/cinnamon for weight loss daily and with daily rx's: pravastatine; tamoxifen; vitamins 50 plus/vitamin d 1400 units?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Had Masectomy (left), High Cholestrol, and takes Pravastatin Sodium, Tamoxifen Citrate, Vitamins)
This question is being asked due to my reading up on honey/cinnamon supplements. It states that is is an incredible cure in some articles and in reading another article it states that cinnamon can be very dangerous if you have had breast cancer. I need to find out these important facts before I con ...
- Can taking doxycycline cause sciatica?
(Asked by a 23 year old man who has Sciatica, and takes Doxycycline Hyclate)
I have been taking doxycyline for perioral dermatitis for about 3 months. My sciatic nerve is killing me. Could there be a link? Could stopping the doxycyline cure my sciatica?
More questions for: Tamoxifen citrate, Sciatica
More reviews for: Tamoxifen citrate, Sciatica
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Calcium Deficiency, General Ill Feeling, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Tremor
Comments: I have been experiencing some Tremors - shaking of my hands, voice, and facial muscles.
I been taking Tamoxin for the past five years. I also take Calcium and Vitamin D supplements.
I also have a family member with Parkinson's disease.
- A study of side effects of Flagyl for a patient with Bacterial Infection. The patient has Sciatica (a set of symptoms including pain caused by general compression or irritation of one of five spinal nerve roots of each sciatic nerve)
Comments: I was prescribed a 2,000 mg dose of Flagyl. (4-500 mg pills taken at once) A day after taking pills, severe pain started in my right arm and shoulder. The next day, that pain was gone, but I woke w/excruciating sciatica. It's been three days since dose and pain is increasing.
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Vitamin D Toxicity (state of vitamin d toxicity)
Comments: I want to know if my protruding forehead and cerebral atrophy will go away. I was taken off the medication in December 2013. I was on Aridimex for 2 years and then Tamoxifen for 6 years. Aridimex caused TMJ, Osteopenia etc.
- A study of drug interactions between EPA/DHA Ethyl Ester, L - Carnitine, Glutathione, Losartan Potassium, Clonazepam, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Baclofen, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Tamoxifen Citrate, Avonex for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis Relapse, Multiple Sclerosis, Hypertension, Depression, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Rash
Comments: Attempting to find out what is causing my rash. Was off all supplements for a week with no change. Off of Tamoxifen for one week no change. Where had radiation 1 1/2 year ago area was red. & hot this morning. Calmed down later in day. Rash from neck to knees including arms.
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Breast Cancer Stage I. The patient has Hot Flushes (sudden feelings of heat), Vertigo - Positional (disorder arising in the inner ear cause vertigo)
Comments: After taking Tamoxifen citrate for 6 months hot flushes got moderate, after only noticing them earlier. Then Vertigo had a very sudden onset, diagnosed with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Getting used to it, but symptoms continue after one week. Still taking Tamoxifen.
More related studies for: Tamoxifen citrate, Sciatica
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.