Review: could Tamsulosin hydrochloride cause Dementia?
Summary: Dementia is found among people who take Tamsulosin hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Allopurinol, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 2,178 people who have side effects while taking Tamsulosin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Dementia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dementia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tamsulosin hydrochloride and have Dementia >>>
Tamsulosin hydrochloride has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 2,337 Tamsulosin hydrochloride users)
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 12,434 Dementia patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 2,178 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamsulosin hydrochloride. Among them, 19 people (0.87%) have Dementia.
Time on Tamsulosin hydrochloride when people have Dementia * :
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Tamsulosin hydrochloride * :
Severity of Dementia when taking Tamsulosin hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Dementia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (12 people, 63.16%)
- Epilepsy (10 people, 52.63%)
- Pericardial effusion (10 people, 52.63%)
- Asthma (1 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Allopurinol (19 people, 100.00%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 100.00%)
- Prochlorperazine maleate (12 people, 63.16%)
- Lenalidomide (12 people, 63.16%)
- Prilosec (12 people, 63.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tamsulosin hydrochloride and dementia on
Do you have Dementia while taking Tamsulosin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Tamsulosin hydrochloride and have Dementia
- support group for people who take Tamsulosin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Dementia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of side effects of Garlic for a 95-year old man with Pneumonia. The patient has Dementia (madness)
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Aspirin, Enalaprilat, Hydrochlorothiazide, Atenolol for a 67-year old man with Urinary Retention, Health, Hypertension.
- A study of side effects of Flomax for a 76-year old man with Enlarged Prostate. The patient has Headache - Migraine With Aura (silent migraine), Nightmares - Repeated (repeated unpleasant dream)
Recent Tamsulosin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cardura, Flomax for a 73-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Flomax, Pioglitazone Hydrochloride And Metformin Hydrochloride for a 50-year old woman who has Diabetes And Kidney Stone
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
- Comparions of Hytrin, Uroxatral, Cardura, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 59-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Uroxatral, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 64-year old man who has Prostatic Obstruction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.