Home > Tamsulosin > Breathing difficulty > Tamsulosin and Breathing difficulty
Review: could Tamsulosin cause Breathing difficulty?
We study 7,532 people who have side effects while taking Tamsulosin from FDA and social media. Among them, 320 have Breathing difficulty. Find out below who they are, when they have Breathing difficulty and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tamsulosin and have Breathing difficulty >>>
Tamsulosin (latest outcomes from 7,745 users) has active ingredients of tamsulosin. It is often used in enlarged prostate.
Breathing difficulty (latest reports from 1,342,605 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 7,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamsulosin. Among them, 320 people (4.25%) have Breathing Difficulty.
Time on Tamsulosin when people have Breathing difficulty * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breathing difficulty||29.63%||25.93%||18.52%||11.11%||3.70%||11.11%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Tamsulosin * :
|Breathing difficulty||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.01%||10.77%||88.22% |
Severity of Breathing difficulty when taking Tamsulosin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Breathing difficulty||0.00%||57.14%||42.86%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Breathing difficulty ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Breathing difficulty||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (46 people, 14.37%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (32 people, 10.00%)
- Pain (29 people, 9.06%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (28 people, 8.75%)
- Asthma (20 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tamsulosin hcl (248 people, 77.50%)
- Aspirin (69 people, 21.56%)
- Furosemide (65 people, 20.31%)
- Simvastatin (62 people, 19.38%)
- Amlodipine (55 people, 17.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Breathing Difficulty while taking Tamsulosin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tamsulosin and have Breathing Difficulty
- support group for people who take Tamsulosin
- support group for people who have Breathing Difficulty
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have been taking iophen cnr liquid for about 6 years now almost every day and now i'm wondering if it has any long term side effects cause im taking it for breathing problems doesnt seem to working
Ok so I've been taking this medicine for 5 to 6 years now almost every day several times a day for a terrible cough I have and breathing issue but under some further investigation I've found that this medication may be making my breathing issues worse when I was told that it would make them better. ...
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Trouble breathing on xeloda
Been on 3000 mil of xeloda for 5 treatments. Last one at start of 7 days off breathing just got more difficult to walk from room to room
- After how many hors of taking tamsulosin can sleepiness occur
I found I do not need to take tamsulosin evry day and now take one every 3 or 4 days
- What can cause shortage of breath on exertion?
My main problem besides the general aches and stiffness which tends to happen as you age, is a shortness of breath if I am sitting doing nothing i don't seem to notice any problem with my breathing, but as soon as I get up and walk I really struggle .This problem appeared about two year ago , when I ...
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- I am experiencing difficulty in breathing and shortness of breath. i have been taking zyrtec . omeprazole and flomax for the past 5 years. has anyone experience this with any of these medication ?
I have had catscan of long and checked my heart and every test you can imagine , and doctors can't find the reason.I have had the shortness of breath for about 4 month now .
- I have been taking prozak for 3 months and have now been diagnosed with sinus brady cardia
I have been taking Prozac for 3 months and have started having trouble breathing since 30 days afterwards but much worse in the last month or so. Went for a EKG and was diagnosed with sinus bradycardia.
- Mixing methamphatamine and lisinapril hydrocloathyaxide together is it dangetous
I feel really terrible shortness of breath blood pressure keeps dropping up and down my chest is very heavy and tight
- What causes low oxygen blood level
Since retiring I have been experiencing the above conditions. It seems to be progressive. My physician monitored my oxygen level for a night's duration and the level was as far down as a 69 level.
More questions for: Tamsulosin, Breathing difficulty
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ideopathic hypersomnia from mantle cell lymphoma
I have an unusual idiopathic hypersomnia surrounded by the circumstance of also having Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I awake each day at around 7:00 am without an alarm after 7-8 hrs sleep. By 8:00 am after a cup of coffee and breakfast, I feel fully awake and 100% normal.
Around Noon and 12:30, I begi ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Pulmonery hypertension
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Tamsulosin, Breathing difficulty
On eHealthMe, Tamsulosin (tamsulosin) is often used for enlarged prostate. Find out below the conditions Tamsulosin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Tamsulosin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Tavist Allergy/sinus/headache, Testosterone, Aspirin, Plavix, Lorazepam, Ranitidine, Prednisone, Tamsulosin, Percocet, Albuterol Sulfate, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Percocet for a patient with Sinus Congestion, Muscle Weakness, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, Anxiety, Gerd, Copd, Bph. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Low Back Pain, Indigestion, Sleeplessness, Muscle Weakness, Hematuria, Abdominal Pain Lower
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Glimepiride, Tamsulosin, Metformin, Xarelto for a patient with Blood Pressure Management, Diabetes, Enlarged Prostate, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Breathing Difficulty
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Proscar, Lipitor for a patient with BPH, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
More related studies for: Tamsulosin, Breathing difficulty
Recent Tamsulosin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Aspirin, Cialis, Tamsulosin, Zetia, Tricor for a 56-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Tamsulosin, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Finasteride for a 73-year old man who has Prostrate
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Tamsulosin, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Proscar, Zocor for a 76-year old man who has Colesterol
- Comparions of Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Tamsulosin for a 73-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Tamsulosin, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 55-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Co-codamol, Tamsulosin for a 57-year old man who has Enlarged Prostate
- Comparions of Zinc Chloride In Plastic Container, Tamsulosin for a 75-year old man who has Tamsulosin
- Comparions of Tamsulosin, Finasteride for a 50-year old man who has Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Comparions of Tamsulosin, Finasteride for a 63-year old man who has Enlarged Prostate
- Comparions of Cialis, Tamsulosin Hydrochloride for a 71-year old man who has BPH
More related comparison studies for: Tamsulosin, Breathing difficulty
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.