Home > Tamsulosin > Incontinence > Tamsulosin and Incontinence
Review: could Tamsulosin cause Incontinence?
Summary: Incontinence is found among people who take Tamsulosin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Tamsulosin hcl, and have Bladder obstruction.
We study 7,532 people who have side effects while taking Tamsulosin from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tamsulosin and have Incontinence >>>
Tamsulosin (latest outcomes from 7,749 users) has active ingredients of tamsulosin. It is often used in enlarged prostate.
Incontinence (lack of moderation or self-control) (latest reports from 5,783 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 7,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamsulosin. Among them, 13 people (0.17%) have Incontinence.
Time on Tamsulosin when people have Incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Incontinence when taking Tamsulosin * :
Severity of Incontinence when taking Tamsulosin ** :
How people recovered from Incontinence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bladder obstruction (3 people, 23.08%)
- Urinary tract infection (3 people, 23.08%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 23.08%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (2 people, 15.38%)
- Dysuria (2 people, 15.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tamsulosin hcl (11 people, 84.62%)
- Simvastatin (3 people, 23.08%)
- Erythromycin (3 people, 23.08%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (3 people, 23.08%)
- Saw palmetto (3 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Incontinence while taking Tamsulosin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tamsulosin and have Incontinence
- support group for people who take Tamsulosin
- support group for people who have Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- After how many hors of taking tamsulosin can sleepiness occur
(Asked by a 77 year old man who has Sleepiness But After A Delay Of 12 To 24 Hours, and takes Tamsulosin)
I found I do not need to take tamsulosin evry day and now take one every 3 or 4 days
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth (4 answers)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- Does tamsulosin causes epigastric discomfort (1 answer)
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Epigastric Discomfort, and takes Tamsulosin)
I have PBH and was on Cardura xl, still problems .my doctor shift me tamsulosin
this morning I took one tablet 0.4 mg.
- Does enalapril cause dry mouth
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Dry Mouth, Swollen Ankles And Feet, and takes Amlodipine Besylate, Tamsulosin, Avodart, Aspirin, Folic Acid)
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- 59 yr old male md has feeding tube flomax from dr cant crush or chew he can have nothing by mouth how can i give it to him
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has MD /w Feeding Tube Silent Asperator, and takes Tamsulosin)
MY 58yr old husband has MD along with other stuff he was prescribed Flomax 0.4 by his Dr. he can have NOTHING BY MOUTH how can I give this to him if I cant crush or he cant chew it pharmacy has been NO help. I am asking for a friend please help us he needs this medicine. thank you
More questions for: Tamsulosin, Incontinence
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ideopathic hypersomnia from mantle cell lymphoma
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Mantle Cell Lymphoma, Ideopathic Hypersomnia, and takes Pravastatin Sodium, Prilosec, Tamsulosin, Acyclovir)
I have an unusual idiopathic hypersomnia surrounded by the circumstance of also having Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I awake each day at around 7:00 am without an alarm after 7-8 hrs sleep. By 8:00 am after a cup of coffee and breakfast, I feel fully awake and 100% normal.
Around Noon and 12:30, I begi ...
- Abilify causing incontinence
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Incontinence, and takes Abilify)
Abilify is making me have Little to no bladder control. Is better once I stopped taking but has not gone away 2 weeks later.
More reviews for: Tamsulosin, Incontinence
- A study of drug interactions between Nicotine, Paxil for a patient with Respiration, Depression. The patient has Incontinence
Comments: Incontinence is intermittent. I thought it was related to a UTI. But it has persisted for almost a year, on and off. It has been two months since intercourse. I assume I must rule out a UTI. I smoke an e cigarette which appears to have no effect, as I've used it the entire time since the incontinenc ...
- A study of side effects of VESIcare for a patient with Mixed Incontinence. The patient has Incontinence (lack of moderation or self-control)
Comments: Horrible taste in my mouth that will not go away! Inability to taste most foods except very sweet food. I find the taste absolutely gagging and don't think I will be able to continue on this medication.
- A study of side effects of Tamsulosin for a patient with Kidney Stones. The patient has Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination)
Comments: Was given this drug to aid in passing kidney stones following a lithotripsy procedure. Everything was fine until the urine cleared and no stones or particles were present in the urine strainer. I haven't been able to leave the bathroom for about four hours because I can't stop peeing. Sometimes it i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Betaxolol, Levothyroxine Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Fentanyl-25, Metoprolol Succinate, Simvastatin, Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Tamsulosin for a patient with Gluacoma, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Postherpetic Neuralgia, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Atrial Fibrillation, Enlarged Prostate. The patient has Pain
Comments: Patient was believed to have had shingles on his penis over three years ago. Shingles diagnosis was not made at this time. When the rash was present, it was treated with antifungal ointment and antibiotics. Approximately 6 months after rash was gone and pain remained, process of elimination concl ...
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Tramadol And Acetaminophen, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Excedrin, Ranitidine, Simvastatin, Atenolol for a patient with Prostate Examination Abnormal, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Total Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Potassium - High
Comments: I am a left donor, I Have HBP and H Cholesterol I am 80 yrs. old My Potassium level is 5.7 it normally is between 4,7 and 4.9 . I am wondering if the Medication I'm taking could be causing the elevation in Potassium?
More related studies for: Tamsulosin, Incontinence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Ataxia
- Abilify and Total Hip Replacement
- Kidney Transplant
- Muscular Weakness and Treanda
- Vitamin B17
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (3 hours ago)
- Has anyone had neck paine after taking yervoy? my cancer doctor has said it has not relatin to my treatment but i'm not so sure.
I finished with yervoy treatment about 2 months ago. I hav ... (4 hours ago)
- What is the time space for taking l-thyroxine and pantoprazole am dose
also taking Panioprazole in am forty-five minutes before b ... (9 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)