Review: could Tamsulosin cause Lower blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Lower blood pressure is found among people who take Tamsulosin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Tamsulosin hcl, and have High blood pressure.
We study 7,550 people who have side effects while taking Tamsulosin from FDA and social media. Among them, 311 have Lower blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Lower blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tamsulosin and have Lower blood pressure >>>
Tamsulosin has active ingredients of tamsulosin. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 7,769 Tamsulosin users)
Lower blood pressure
Lower blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 107,424 Lower blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 7,542 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamsulosin. Among them, 311 people (4.12%) have Lower Blood Pressure.
Time on Tamsulosin when people have Lower blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lower blood pressure||25.00%||7.14%||3.57%||50.00%||10.71%||0.00%||3.57% |
Age of people who have Lower blood pressure when taking Tamsulosin * :
|Lower blood pressure||0.00%||1.03%||0.00%||0.00%||0.34%||1.72%||9.31%||87.59% |
Severity of Lower blood pressure when taking Tamsulosin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lower blood pressure||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Lower blood pressure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (47 people, 15.11%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (34 people, 10.93%)
- Pain (21 people, 6.75%)
- Atrial fibrillation (10 people, 3.22%)
- Arrhythmia (10 people, 3.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tamsulosin hcl (234 people, 75.24%)
- Aspirin (86 people, 27.65%)
- Simvastatin (58 people, 18.65%)
- Furosemide (47 people, 15.11%)
- Lasix (41 people, 13.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lower Blood Pressure while taking Tamsulosin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Tamsulosin and have Lower Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Tamsulosin
- support group for people who have Lower Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Losartan Potassium, Hydralazine And Hydrochlorthiazide, Glimepiride, Chlorthalidone for a 80-year old man with Prostate Examination Abnormal, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Senile Dementia, Bad Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a 58-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Frequent Headaches (pain in head), Low Blood Pressure (abnormally low blood pressure)
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Aleve, Lipitor, Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Bactrim DS, Tamsulosin for a 68-year old man with Insomnia, Prostate Seed Implant, High Blood Cholesterol, Toe Fungus, Post Prostate Surgery Syndrome, Urinary Tract Disorder. The patient has Weight Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Certirizine Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Ortho Tri-cyclen, Fluoxetine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Nuvigil for a 31-year old woman with Anemia, Allergy, Acid Reflux, Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive, Depression, Hypothyroidism, Narcolepsy. The patient has Paleness, Clammy Skin, Dizziness, Nausea, Hypotension
Recent Tamsulosin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.