Review: could Tapazole cause Muscle cramps?
Summary: Muscle cramps is reported only by a few people who take Tapazole.
We study 869 people who have side effects while taking Tapazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tapazole and have Muscle cramps >>>
Tapazole has active ingredients of methimazole. It is often used in hyperthyroidism. (latest outcomes from 927 Tapazole users)
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 10,839 Muscle cramps patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 869 people reported to have side effects when taking Tapazole. Among them, 4 people (0.46%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Tapazole when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Tapazole * :
|Muscle cramps||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Tapazole * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Tapazole ** :
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zestril (1 people, 25.00%)
- Aspirin (1 people, 25.00%)
- Nolvadex (1 people, 25.00%)
- Baycol (1 people, 25.00%)
- Unspecified antibiotic (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Tapazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tapazole and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Tapazole
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Lipitor, Losartan Potassium, Fenofibrate for a 60-year old man with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Cholesterol, Kidney Damage. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Losing Weight
- A study of side effects of Tapazole for a 24-year old woman with Hyperthyroidism. The patient has Clammy Skin
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Complera, Tapazole for a 55-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, Hiv Infection Cdc Category A1, Hyperthyroidism. The patient has Anxiety And Stress, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 55-year old woman with Scleroderma. The patient has Muscle Cramps
Recent Tapazole related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.