Review: could Tapazole cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is found among people who take Tapazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 869 people who have side effects while taking Tapazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 54 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tapazole and have Shortness of breath >>>
Tapazole has active ingredients of methimazole. It is often used in hyperthyroidism. (latest outcomes from 924 Tapazole users)
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,466 Shortness of breath patients)
On Mar, 18, 2015: 868 people reported to have side effects when taking Tapazole. Among them, 46 people (5.30%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Tapazole when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||57.14%||42.86%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Tapazole * :
|Shortness of breath||84.78%||15.22% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Tapazole * :
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||12.50%||15.00%||60.00% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Tapazole ** :
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (6 people, 13.04%)
- Thyroid disorder (6 people, 13.04%)
- Hyperthyroidism (5 people, 10.87%)
- Multiple myeloma (5 people, 10.87%)
- Mastocytosis (4 people, 8.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (13 people, 28.26%)
- Coumadin (12 people, 26.09%)
- Lopressor (9 people, 19.57%)
- Methimazole (8 people, 17.39%)
- Prednisone (8 people, 17.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Tapazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Tapazole and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Tapazole
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Clopidogrel Bisulfate, Aspirin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 64-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Coronary Artery Occlusion, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of side effects of Clomipramine Hydrochloride for a 26-year old man with Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Omega-3 Fatty Acid for a 26-year old woman with Ome. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
Recent Tapazole related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.