Review: could Tapazole cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is found among people who take Tapazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 869 people who have side effects while taking Tapazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 46 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tapazole and have Shortness of breath >>>
Tapazole has active ingredients of methimazole. It is often used in hyperthyroidism. (latest outcomes from 927 Tapazole users)
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,511 Shortness of breath patients)
On Apr, 22, 2015: 869 people reported to have side effects when taking Tapazole. Among them, 46 people (5.29%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Tapazole when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||57.14%||42.86%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Tapazole * :
|Shortness of breath||84.78%||15.22% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Tapazole * :
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||12.50%||15.00%||60.00% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Tapazole ** :
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (6 people, 13.04%)
- Thyroid disorder (6 people, 13.04%)
- Hyperthyroidism (5 people, 10.87%)
- Multiple myeloma (5 people, 10.87%)
- Mastocytosis (4 people, 8.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (13 people, 28.26%)
- Coumadin (12 people, 26.09%)
- Lopressor (9 people, 19.57%)
- Methimazole (8 people, 17.39%)
- Prednisone (8 people, 17.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Tapazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tapazole and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Tapazole
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 17-year old girl with ADD. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Nausea, Irritability, Fatigue, Headache, Dizziness, Bluish Skin, Heart Palpitations, Heart Rate Increased, Chest Pain, Shortness Of Breath, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Calcium Gluceptate, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Claritin Reditabs, Combivent, Breo Ellipta, Xanax for a 77-year old woman with Depression, General Physical Health Deterioration, Enzyme Supplementation, Osteoporosis And Aging, Copd, Runny Nose, Anxiety. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Temazepam, Haloperidol for a 40-year old woman with Sleeplessness, Separation Anxiety. The patient has Difficulty Breathing
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a 23-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Lamictal for a 58-year old man with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Dizziness, Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Weakness, Weight Loss - Unintentional, Fatigue
Recent Tapazole related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.