Review: could Taxol cause Acne?
Summary: Acne is found among people who take Taxol, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Herceptin, and have Vitiligo.
We study 21,490 people who have side effects while taking Taxol from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Acne. Find out below who they are, when they have Acne and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Taxol and have Acne >>>
Taxol has active ingredients of paclitaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Taxol 21,581 users)
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) has been reported by people with birth control, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Acne 31,230 patients)
On Dec, 8, 2014: 21,490 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxol. Among them, 23 people (0.11%) have Acne.
Time on Taxol when people have Acne * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Acne when taking Taxol * :
Age of people who have Acne when taking Taxol * :
Severity of Acne when taking Taxol ** :
How people recovered from Acne ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Vitiligo (11 people, 47.83%)
- Breast cancer (4 people, 17.39%)
- Head and neck cancer (1 people, 4.35%)
- Metastases to spine (1 people, 4.35%)
- Pain (1 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Herceptin (13 people, 56.52%)
- Ranitidine (12 people, 52.17%)
- Zofran (12 people, 52.17%)
- Decadron (12 people, 52.17%)
- Doxycycline (12 people, 52.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acne while taking Taxol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Taxol and have Acne
- support group for people who take Taxol
- support group for people who have Acne
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Taxol, Acne
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Spironolactone caused meibomian gland dysfunction
I started taking spironolactone to help with hormonal acne. I took 1 pill for 3 months without any noticeable problems. Then my dermatologist increased to 2X/day. Within 1 week the glands in my eyes (meibomian glands) completely clogged up and caused severe dry eye. I continued taking the spironolactone for 6 weeks and my eyes didn't get any better (at the time I didn't know there was a connection to the med). I did some research on line and found out the spironolactone can actually cause this problem. I completely stopped the spironolactone and after 1 month my eyes are better.
More reviews for: Taxol, Acne
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- I started taking Minocycline to treat my moderate acne on my cheeks. After about three weeks, I started feeling swollen lymph nodes and I thought it was normal for it is a possible side effect. As it continuously got worse, I went to the doctor to get checked about 1 1/2 months after I started the t ...
- Acne isn't severe in that it is vast, but what I do get is large spots that resemble whiteheads, but deep beneath the surface. They stick around for months without ever changing or coming to a head. Sometimes they itch.
My idea of severe weight gain: 25lbs in 6 weeks.
- After having misoprostol and mifegest for abortion, I am gaining weight (about 500-600 gms per week, it was 50.2kgs earlier and now it's 55.7kgs)..... My periods are still on (it's been 45 days almost).... My face and bumps are full with acne.... :( m so depressed what should I do)....
- Had an wisdom tooth operation, ate paracetamol and ibuprofen for about 2 weeks. The last treatment days I began to notice breakouts on my chin. I don't know why they came but I'm thinking it maybe depends on the pills I was eating.
More related studies for: Taxol, Acne
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.