Taxol and Acne - from FDA reports
Acne is found among people who take Taxol, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Decadron, and have Vitiligo. This review analyzes which people have Acne with Taxol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,935 people who have side effects when taking Taxol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
25,935 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxol.
Among them, 34 people (0.13%) have Acne
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Taxol when people have Acne *:
- < 1 month: 14.29 %
- 1 - 6 months: 71.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 14.29 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acne when taking Taxol *:
- female: 58.82 %
- male: 41.18 %
Age of people who have Acne when taking Taxol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.33 %
- 30-39: 36.67 %
- 40-49: 20.0 %
- 50-59: 20.0 %
- 60+: 20.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Vitiligo (11 people, 32.35%)
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (4 people, 11.76%)
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (4 people, 11.76%)
- Lung Cancer Metastatic (2 people, 5.88%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (2 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Herceptin (17 people, 50.00%)
- Decadron (17 people, 50.00%)
- Kytril (14 people, 41.18%)
- Neulasta (13 people, 38.24%)
- Ativan (13 people, 38.24%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (19 people, 55.88%)
- Pain (15 people, 44.12%)
- Hair Loss (14 people, 41.18%)
- Neck Pain (11 people, 32.35%)
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (11 people, 32.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acne when taking Taxol?
Taxol has active ingredients of paclitaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Taxol 25,742 users)
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) has been reported by people with birth control, acne, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, crohn's disease (latest reports from 46,746 Acne patients).