Home > Taxol > Flushing > Taxol and Flushing
Review: could Taxol cause Flushing (Skin blushing/flushing)?
We study 21,489 people who have side effects while taking Taxol from FDA and social media. Among them, 437 have Flushing. Find out below who they are, when they have Flushing and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Taxol and have Flushing >>>
Taxol (latest outcomes from 21,580 users) has active ingredients of paclitaxel. It is often used in breast cancer.
Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) (latest reports from 377,280 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 21,488 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxol. Among them, 437 people (2.03%) have Flushing.
Time on Taxol when people have Flushing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Flushing when taking Taxol * :
Age of people who have Flushing when taking Taxol * :
Severity of Flushing when taking Taxol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Flushing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Ovarian cancer (25 people, 5.72%)
- Breast cancer (23 people, 5.26%)
- Lung neoplasm malignant (18 people, 4.12%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (10 people, 2.29%)
- Radiotherapy (9 people, 2.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Carboplatin (106 people, 24.26%)
- Benadryl (105 people, 24.03%)
- Decadron (102 people, 23.34%)
- Tagamet (56 people, 12.81%)
- Dexamethasone (55 people, 12.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Flushing while taking Taxol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Taxol and have Flushing
- group for people who take Taxol
- group for people who have Flushing
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
i have a hot face on a daily basis, and i get hot flushes on a daily basis since march 2014. i have noticed mild flushing before that when i started taking it 2 years ago but its only gotten bad since march 2014
From this study (2 months ago):
Lost 36 pounds in 6 weeks. Burning neuropathy on hands feet arms and legs.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Taxol, Flushing
More reviews for: Taxol, Flushing
On eHealthMe, Taxol (paclitaxel) is often used for breast cancer. Find out below the conditions Taxol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Taxol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Nexium, Ventolin Hfa, Imitrex, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Cymbalta for a 42-year old woman who has GERD, Asthma, Migraine, Allergy, Incontinence - Urinary, Muscle Spasms, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hypothyroidism, Itching, Depression (46 minutes ago)
- Abilify for a 54-year old man who has Depression (55 minutes ago)
- Enbrel for a 43-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cytomegalovirus Infection and Vertigo
- Flexeril for Fibromyalgia
- Lightheadedness and Emphysema
- Levothyroxine Sodium
Recent user comments
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (2 hours ago)
- "I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Having headache recurrent last 24 hrs. Side effects o ... " (11 hours ago)
- Motor Nerve Conduction Studies Abnormal
- Urography Abnormal
- Kimmelstiel Wilson Disease