Home > Taxol > Flushing > Taxol and Flushing
Review: could Taxol cause Flushing (Skin blushing/flushing)?
Summary: Flushing is found among people who take Taxol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Carboplatin, and have Ovarian cancer.
We study 21,489 people who have side effects while taking Taxol from FDA and social media. Among them, 437 have Flushing. Find out below who they are, when they have Flushing and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Taxol and have Flushing >>>
Taxol (latest outcomes from 21,580 users) has active ingredients of paclitaxel. It is often used in breast cancer.
Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) (latest reports from 377,846 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 21,489 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxol. Among them, 437 people (2.03%) have Flushing.
Time on Taxol when people have Flushing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Flushing when taking Taxol * :
Age of people who have Flushing when taking Taxol * :
Severity of Flushing when taking Taxol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Flushing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Ovarian cancer (25 people, 5.72%)
- Breast cancer (23 people, 5.26%)
- Lung neoplasm malignant (18 people, 4.12%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (10 people, 2.29%)
- Radiotherapy (9 people, 2.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Carboplatin (106 people, 24.26%)
- Benadryl (105 people, 24.03%)
- Decadron (102 people, 23.34%)
- Tagamet (56 people, 12.81%)
- Dexamethasone (55 people, 12.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Flushing while taking Taxol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Taxol and have Flushing
- support group for people who take Taxol
- support group for people who have Flushing
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have severe headache with cordarone?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Nausea, Skin Blushing/flushing, Migraine Without Aura, and takes Cordarone)
The left side of my head and eye have head-splitting pain. Nausea from the headche. Left jaw toothache. Left shoulder houlder feels like it has a toothache.These are very mild, but the headache is severe. Supradol and/or Valium help
- I use axiron and levitra together
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Flushing)
when i take my 5mg of levitra i get flush in the face i also take one pump of axiron in the morning and still having problems down below
- What are the side effects while taking fentanyl with garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Skin Blushing/flushing, and takes Fentanyl-75, Cymbalta, Lorazepam, Baclofen, Requip, Percocet, Garcinia Cambogia)
I'm having headaches flushing/blushing in the face, tired, dizziness. I think that I might be allergic to it the garcinia cambogia ultra. I need to know if I can be on the fentanyl patch and take Garcinia Cambogia Ultra?
- I have developed a sudden intolerance to alcohol...just wanted to know can it be due to an antabuse given to me on the sly???
(Asked by a 35 year old man who has Flushing, Headache, Shortness Of Breath, and takes Antabuse)
I wanted to know whether there is a test which can determine the presence of antabuse in the blood stream????
- What should i do to relieve the flushing symptoms?
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Parkinson's--tremor, Stiffnes, Swallowing, Hoarseness, Small Fiber Neuropathy, Skin Blushing/flushing, Diet - Constipation, IBS, GERD, Cold Intolerance, Spinal Column Stenosis--pain In Arms,"needles" In Feet, and takes Lyrica, Epa (eicosapentaenoic Acid), Vitamin B12, Losartan Potassium, Benadryl, Norvasc, Vitamin C, Aspirin, Fentanyl-12, Omeprazole, Amitiza)
Was diagnosed with Parkinson's in March 2013. My doctor has prescribed sinemet, which I have tried 3 times, but during each,I have experienced periods of flushing, agitation, and restless legs--to the point of feeling truly ill. He doesn't believe that there is a cause and effect relationship bet ...
More questions for: Taxol, Flushing
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
More reviews for: Taxol, Flushing
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a patient with Depression. The patient has Red Face (a sudden reddening of the face, neck)
Comments: i have a hot face on a daily basis, and i get hot flushes on a daily basis since march 2014. i have noticed mild flushing before that when i started taking it 2 years ago but its only gotten bad since march 2014
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Concerta, Excedrin, Allegra, Qnasl, Levothyroxine Sodium, Zorvolex, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Dexamethasone, Lortab for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Add, Pain, Allergy, Allergies, Hypothyroidism, Arthritis, Severe Asthma Attacks, Pain - Tooth Or Teeth. The patient has Back Pain, Red Face
Comments: I'm just checking my hunch about the reaction. I took the dexamethasone around 9:30 and the lortab around 12:30. By 1pm my face had started swelling and a red rash started along the laugh lines under the cheeks and started spreading rapidly. It was really hot and just looked like one giant hive. I t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Omeprazole for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Fatigue, Red Face
Comments: I have been on omeprazole for four days at first I felt very exhausted and sometimes dizzy now taking half of recommended dose of 20 mg also only taking 75 mg ranitidine instead of 300mg as I was getting dizzy and did not know which drug causing it. Generally not feeling well. I had been taking esom ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omega 3, Multivitamin, Solodyn, Spironolactone for a patient with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Acne. The patient has Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia, Dizziness, Depression, Heart Palpitations, Skin Blushing/flushing
Comments: I also saw flashes of light, feel as if my body is buzzing at night when I can't sleep, feel as if the floor is moving, have terrible mood swings, my throat tightens during exercise, racing heart, extremely cold hands
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Methotrexate, Loratadine, Lansoprazole, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Folic Acid, Co-codamol, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Adalat for a patient with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome/osteoarthritis, Raynaud's Phenomenon. The patient has Skin Blushing/flushing, Hypoxia, Fatigue - Chronic, Gout, Breathlessness
Comments: Lung function tests outcome - OK for someone with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome. Sprirometery Tests - 320 (normal between 300 - 400) GP told me. Hypoxia diagnosed when I went for pre-op testing and again after op. GP told me everything was normal.
After knee arthroscopy recently - surgeon told me I ...
More related studies for: Taxol, Flushing
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Sexual Dysfunction and Amlodipine Besylate
- Palpitations and Warfarin Sodium
- Polymyositis - Adult
- Lymphoma and Humira
- Since having my gallbladder removed, i have been having an ileum occur. does anyone know why this happens? i have celiac and never had a stomache or vomiting until the gladdbladder was removed.
i feel that the removal of the gallbladder has caused my s ... (3 hours ago)
- Is it ok to take fioricet and albuterol together?
I have been having bad headaches the pain is behind my yes ... (7 hours ago)
- I'm on two meds, can librium and diclofenac sodium be taken at the same time
Trying too find out if I can safely take these two drugs t ... (13 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (1 day ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (2 days ago)