Taxol and Flushing - from FDA reports
Flushing is found among people who take Taxol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benadryl, and have Ovarian cancer. This review analyzes which people have Flushing with Taxol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,935 people who have side effects when taking Taxol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
25,935 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxol.
Among them, 489 people (1.89%) have Flushing
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Taxol when people have Flushing *:
- < 1 month: 91.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 7.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 1.04 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Flushing when taking Taxol *:
- female: 74.84 %
- male: 25.16 %
Age of people who have Flushing when taking Taxol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.29 %
- 20-29: 1.16 %
- 30-39: 5.8 %
- 40-49: 14.49 %
- 50-59: 31.01 %
- 60+: 47.25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Ovarian Cancer (25 people, 5.11%)
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (22 people, 4.50%)
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (13 people, 2.66%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (10 people, 2.04%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (7 people, 1.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Benadryl (113 people, 23.11%)
- Decadron (108 people, 22.09%)
- Carboplatin (100 people, 20.45%)
- Dexamethasone (54 people, 11.04%)
- Tagamet (52 people, 10.63%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain (112 people, 22.90%)
- Breathing Difficulty (97 people, 19.84%)
- Nausea (93 people, 19.02%)
- Hypotension (72 people, 14.72%)
- Back Pain (71 people, 14.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Flushing when taking Taxol?
- Check symptoms - is flushing caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFlushing and drugs with ingredients of paclitaxel.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFlushing and Taxol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Taxol has active ingredients of paclitaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Taxol 26,149 users)
Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 71,439 Flushing patients).
Browse all side effects of Taxola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FlushingFlushing
Could your condition cause FlushingFlushing
What would happen?
Questions to the study
On Taxol, weekly x 12, then radiation will follow, and continuation of Herceptin. I seriously wonder how much damage these drugs are doing. I feel like my body is being torn apart. My teeth, head, wrists, ankles, head, eyes, and chest hurt most of the time. I was short of breath often with ...
User reviews to the study
I got diagnosed with breast cancer in june 2016. Did full treatment of 4 ACs and 12 Taxol developed left lower back, buttock and thigh pain since then it comes and goes but makes me very concern if i should do an MRI?
I feel that a drug that causes worse damage than it's supposed to help, should not be allowed! There MUST be other drugs that don't cause such horrible side effects. I knew that Tamoxifen might cause uterine cancer 32 years ago when I was diagnosed w/breast cancer,and I accepted that. But no ...
Taking one 50,000 vitamin D2 per week. Did not cause a red face, that I noticed, until the 7th week. I really don't look in the mirror that often so I can't be sure that it wasn't causing a red face all along.
Hi! I am having symbicort 12/400 twice a day for twelve years. Two years ago I started with red face, thats's increasing more and more. Now I'm supecting of cushing. Anibody else with red face can while taking symbicort for so long time?
I took levothyroxine for 6 weeks. Changed to armour 7 days ago due to it messing with my eyes. I noticed I have red face now.....almost is a butterfly rash but noticed my face all around is rough...,not smooth like it normally is. Can levo do this