Taxol and Flushing - from FDA reports
Flushing is found among people who take Taxol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benadryl, and have Ovarian cancer. This review analyzes which people have Flushing with Taxol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,935 people who have side effects when taking Taxol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
25,935 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxol.
Among them, 489 people (1.89%) have Flushing
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Taxol when people have Flushing *:
- < 1 month: 91.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 7.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 1.04 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Flushing when taking Taxol *:
- female: 74.84 %
- male: 25.16 %
Age of people who have Flushing when taking Taxol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.29 %
- 20-29: 1.16 %
- 30-39: 5.8 %
- 40-49: 14.49 %
- 50-59: 31.01 %
- 60+: 47.25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Ovarian Cancer (25 people, 5.11%)
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (22 people, 4.50%)
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (13 people, 2.66%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (10 people, 2.04%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (7 people, 1.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Benadryl (113 people, 23.11%)
- Decadron (108 people, 22.09%)
- Carboplatin (100 people, 20.45%)
- Dexamethasone (54 people, 11.04%)
- Tagamet (52 people, 10.63%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain (112 people, 22.90%)
- Breathing Difficulty (97 people, 19.84%)
- Nausea (93 people, 19.02%)
- Hypotension (72 people, 14.72%)
- Back Pain (71 people, 14.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Flushing when taking Taxol?
Taxol has active ingredients of paclitaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Taxol 25,742 users)
Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 69,876 Flushing patients).