Review: could Taxol cause Nausea?
Summary: Nausea is found among people who take Taxol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Carboplatin, and have Breast cancer.
We study 21,491 people who have side effects while taking Taxol from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,699 have Nausea. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Taxol and have Nausea >>>
Taxol has active ingredients of paclitaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from 21,582 Taxol users)
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 264,783 Nausea patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 21,491 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxol. Among them, 1,699 people (7.91%) have Nausea.
Time on Taxol when people have Nausea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Nausea when taking Taxol * :
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Taxol * :
Severity of Nausea when taking Taxol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nausea ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (214 people, 12.60%)
- Metastases to bone (102 people, 6.00%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (93 people, 5.47%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (75 people, 4.41%)
- Ovarian cancer (73 people, 4.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Carboplatin (693 people, 40.79%)
- Zometa (332 people, 19.54%)
- Cisplatin (288 people, 16.95%)
- Aredia (281 people, 16.54%)
- Decadron (232 people, 13.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of taxol and nausea on
Do you have Nausea while taking Taxol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Taxol and have Nausea
- support group for people who take Taxol
- support group for people who have Nausea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Quetiapine Fumarate for a 20-year old woman with Miscarriage. The patient has Depression, Dark Circles Under Eyes, Yellow Skin, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Decreased Appetite, Headache, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Mono-linyah, Plaquenil, Hyoscyami Folium, Nexium, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 21-year old woman with Nausea, Allergies, Birth Control, Lupus, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Chronic Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Pleuritic Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Lupus, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Plan B One-step for a 16-year old girl with Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive. The patient has Nausea, Bladder Discomfort, Uti - Acute, Breast Tenderness
- A study of side effects of Zyflo Cr for a 34-year old woman with Sinusitis Chronic. The patient has Constipation, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Raynaud's Phenomenon, Nausea, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Taxol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.