Review: could Taxol cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is found among people who take Taxol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Carboplatin, and have Breast cancer.
We study 21,491 people who have side effects while taking Taxol from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,283 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Taxol and have Shortness of breath >>>
Taxol has active ingredients of paclitaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from 21,582 Taxol users)
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,466 Shortness of breath patients)
On Mar, 18, 2015: 21,491 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxol. Among them, 1,283 people (5.97%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Taxol when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||75.12%||21.01%||2.42%||0.97%||0.48%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Taxol * :
|Shortness of breath||68.23%||31.77% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Taxol * :
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||0.09%||0.81%||5.19%||11.63%||33.36%||48.93% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Taxol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (242 people, 18.86%)
- Metastases to bone (155 people, 12.08%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (128 people, 9.98%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (98 people, 7.64%)
- Pain (76 people, 5.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Carboplatin (586 people, 45.67%)
- Zometa (375 people, 29.23%)
- Aredia (263 people, 20.50%)
- Decadron (196 people, 15.28%)
- Taxotere (163 people, 12.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Taxol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Taxol and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Taxol
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Omega-3 Fatty Acid for a 26-year old woman with Ome. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Brilinta for a 74-year old man with Heart Attack. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Buspar for a 29-year old woman with Aniexty. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Cefdinir for a 55-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Difficulty Breathing
Recent Taxol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.