Taxol and Soft tissue injury - from FDA reports
Soft tissue injury is reported only by a few people who take Taxol. We study 25,935 people who have side effects while taking Taxol from FDA. Among them, 5 have Soft tissue injury. Find out below who they are, when they have Soft tissue injury and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 21, 2017
25,935 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxol.
Among them, 5 people (0.02%) have Soft tissue injury
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Soft tissue injury when taking Taxol *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Soft tissue injury when taking Taxol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 75 %
- 60+: 25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Prostate Cancer (4 people, 80.00%)
- Metastases To Bone (4 people, 80.00%)
- Chemotherapy (4 people, 80.00%)
- Osteoporosis Post-Menopausal (1 person, 20.00%)
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (1 person, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (4 people, 80.00%)
- Taxotere (4 people, 80.00%)
- Motrin (4 people, 80.00%)
- Lupron (4 people, 80.00%)
- Dexamethasone (4 people, 80.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Primary Sequestrum (4 people, 80.00%)
- Paraesthesia Oral (4 people, 80.00%)
- Osteomyelitis (4 people, 80.00%)
- Implant Site Swelling (4 people, 80.00%)
- Bone Lesion (4 people, 80.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Soft tissue injury when taking Taxol?
- Check symptoms - is soft tissue injury caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSoft tissue injury and drugs with ingredients of paclitaxel.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSoft tissue injury and Taxol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Taxol has active ingredients of paclitaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Taxol 26,149 users)
Soft tissue injury
Soft tissue injury has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, hair loss (latest reports from 621 Soft tissue injury patients).
Browse all side effects of Taxola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Soft tissue injurySoft tissue injury
Could your condition cause Soft tissue injurySoft tissue injury
What would happen?
Questions to the study
On Taxol, weekly x 12, then radiation will follow, and continuation of Herceptin. I seriously wonder how much damage these drugs are doing. I feel like my body is being torn apart. My teeth, head, wrists, ankles, head, eyes, and chest hurt most of the time. I was short of breath often with ...
User reviews to the study
I got diagnosed with breast cancer in june 2016. Did full treatment of 4 ACs and 12 Taxol developed left lower back, buttock and thigh pain since then it comes and goes but makes me very concern if i should do an MRI?
I feel that a drug that causes worse damage than it's supposed to help, should not be allowed! There MUST be other drugs that don't cause such horrible side effects. I knew that Tamoxifen might cause uterine cancer 32 years ago when I was diagnosed w/breast cancer,and I accepted that. But no ...
I have been experiencing increased heart rate (100-125 upon awakening) and occasional tachycardia (160-180 pulse) since my chemotherapy started. I had 4 treatments with Adriamycin and Cyclophosphamide, followed by Taxol( 7 infusions so far). Have been taking Ca channel blocker for the heart ...
I've been in remission from second breast cancer go-round, this last time included met to lung. I've had mastectomy, radiation, and 2 different chemo cocktails over the past 19 years. Cancer is Her2 positive, hormone negative. I feel Perjeta saved my life this last time. I'm grateful every day ...
Have been on taxol for 10 weeks and although I've lost 40 lbs. and no longer eat many carbs or sugar my glucose levels are staying up. Just wondering if taxol could be the cause? Anyone else experiencing this on taxol?