Review: could Taxol cause Vision blurred?
Summary: Vision blurred is found among people who take Taxol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 21,490 people who have side effects while taking Taxol from FDA and social media. Among them, 111 have Vision blurred. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Taxol and have Vision blurred >>>
Taxol has active ingredients of paclitaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Taxol 21,581 users)
Vision blurred has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Vision blurred 48,523 patients)
On Nov, 23, 2014: 21,489 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxol. Among them, 111 people (0.52%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Taxol when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||37.50%||31.25%||28.12%||0.00%||3.12%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Taxol * :
|Vision blurred||88.62%||11.38% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Taxol * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.05%||13.68%||23.16%||33.68%||28.42% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Taxol ** :
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (26 people, 23.42%)
- Metastases to bone (18 people, 16.22%)
- Pain (10 people, 9.01%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (8 people, 7.21%)
- Chemotherapy (8 people, 7.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (63 people, 56.76%)
- Aredia (41 people, 36.94%)
- Herceptin (34 people, 30.63%)
- Coumadin (32 people, 28.83%)
- Femara (31 people, 27.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vision Blurred while taking Taxol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Taxol and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Taxol
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Were any breast cancer patients given taxol and end up on a ventilator because of breathing problems
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, and takes Taxol)
doctors aren't sure if condition is pneumonia, ards or something else, but she is in ICU and on a ventilator, doctors don't seem to be making her any better and am wondering if anyone else experienced this and HOW YOU WERE TREATED, WITH WHAT PROCEDURES AND/OR MEDICATIONS
- Are there any long term effects of the blurred vision side-effect?
(Asked by a 19 year old boy who has Bloating, Vision Blurred, and takes Miralax, Ibuprofen)
I woke up at 10:45 with some cramping. After about 30 minutes without relief I took Miralax and Ibuprofen together. I went to work at 3 and moved heavy boxes for about 2 hours with minimal cramping. I ate a normal lunch/supper and went to bet at 10:00 PM. I got out of bed at 10:30 to get a drink and ...
More questions for: Taxol, Vision blurred
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Blurred vision after ipratropium bromide
(Posted by a 79 year old woman who has Vision Blurred, and takes Ipratropium Bromide)
blurred vision after one day use I take only herbal supplements none known for invasive reactions
More reviews for: Taxol, Vision blurred
- A study of side effects of Ortho-novum 1/35-21 for a patient with Infertility Female. The patient has Vision Blurred, Pain - Joints, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
Comments: Ortho-Novum is being taken to suppress ovulation in preparation for IVF. After 7 consecutive weeks, joint swelling and pain is substantial as are enlarged breasts and breast pain. x1 blurred vision lasting approx 45 minutes followed by severe migraine 4 weeks in. x1 pain from shoulder through hand l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Parafon Forte Dsc, Skelaxin, Cialis for a patient with Pain - Back, Erectile Dysfunction. The patient has Vision Blurred
Comments: These three drugs have been discontinued abruptly I am experiencing blurred vision and moderate headaches. Could these be the cause. MRI and CT Scan of brain are normal and opthamologist can find nothing wrong.
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Ativan, Vicodin, Naprosyn, Norpramin, Metformin, Robinul, Strattera, Wellbutrin, Flexeril, Lexapro for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Anxiety, Pain, Arthritis, Depression, Weight Gain, Sweating - Excessive, To Treat Side Effects Of Antidepressants Such As Extreme Fatigue And Inability To Focus, To Treat Weight Gain Side Effects Of Anti Depressants. The patient has Swallowing Painful, Vision Blurred, Anxiety, Oral Pain, Angular Cheilitis, Taste Disturbance, Gum Pain, Tongue Exfoliation, Tongue Irritation, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Sweating - Excessive, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints, Depression, Hair Loss
Comments: Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Metformin for a patient with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar. The patient has Vision Blurred
Comments: Started taking Metformin about a month and half ago. In the past three weeks I started having blurred vision. I'm not sure if it is due to the medications or it's a different problem. I am also taking Lisinopril for high blood pressure.
- A study of side effects of Bystolic for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Confusion, Nightmares (unpleasant dreams), Insomnia (sleeplessness), Joint Pain, Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears), Dry Mouth, Feeling Hot And Cold, Dizziness, Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body), Cold Exposure - Extremities (damage is caused to skin and other tissues due to freezing), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Hair Loss, Vision Blurred, Headache (pain in head)
Comments: Bystolic was effective in lowering my blood pressure. However, this drug has caused HORRIFIC problems for me. I have never had anything affect me so adversely. I believe that at first I was metabolizing it well, but after a couple of weeks I felt poisoned. It has been 5 months since I stopped ta ...
More related studies for: Taxol, Vision blurred
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.