Review: could Taxotere cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation is found among people who take Taxotere, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Prostate cancer.
We study 18,512 people who have side effects while taking Taxotere from FDA and social media. Among them, 346 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Taxotere and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Taxotere has active ingredients of docetaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from 18,578 Taxotere users)
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 87,267 Atrial fibrillation patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 18,512 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxotere. Among them, 349 people (1.89%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Taxotere when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation||74.14%||16.38%||4.31%||5.17%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Taxotere * :
|Atrial fibrillation||43.72%||56.28% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Taxotere * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.57%||3.74%||10.34%||85.34% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Taxotere ** :
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prostate cancer (36 people, 10.32%)
- Breast cancer (29 people, 8.31%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (25 people, 7.16%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (24 people, 6.88%)
- Paraesthesia (16 people, 4.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (105 people, 30.09%)
- Aspirin (88 people, 25.21%)
- Coumadin (75 people, 21.49%)
- Lasix (73 people, 20.92%)
- Aredia (70 people, 20.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of taxotere and atrial fibrillation on
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Taxotere?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Taxotere and have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Taxotere
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Acebutolol Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman with Afib. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Xanax, Percocet, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Blood Clots, Anxiety, Headache, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Anxiety, Atrial Fibrillation
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a 57-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles)
- A study of side effects of Bydureon for a 52-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation Aggravated (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)
- A study of side effects of Pradaxa for a 69-year old woman with Spotting. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)
Recent Taxotere related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.