Taxotere and Conjunctivitis - from FDA reports
Conjunctivitis is found among people who take Taxotere, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Conjunctivitis with Taxotere. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 23,597 people who have side effects when taking Taxotere from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
23,597 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxotere.
Among them, 96 people (0.41%) have Conjunctivitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Taxotere when people have Conjunctivitis *:
- < 1 month: 67.86 %
- 1 - 6 months: 32.14 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Conjunctivitis when taking Taxotere *:
- female: 77.89 %
- male: 22.11 %
Age of people who have Conjunctivitis when taking Taxotere *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.68 %
- 40-49: 23.86 %
- 50-59: 31.82 %
- 60+: 38.64 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (19 people, 19.79%)
- Colorectal Cancer Metastatic (5 people, 5.21%)
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic (4 people, 4.17%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (4 people, 4.17%)
- Prostate Cancer (3 people, 3.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (44 people, 45.83%)
- Aredia (40 people, 41.67%)
- Lipitor (30 people, 31.25%)
- Arimidex (29 people, 30.21%)
- Dexamethasone (26 people, 27.08%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Back Pain (49 people, 51.04%)
- Stress And Anxiety (48 people, 50.00%)
- Pain (42 people, 43.75%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (42 people, 43.75%)
- Headache (40 people, 41.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Conjunctivitis when taking Taxotere?
- Check symptoms - is conjunctivitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsConjunctivitis and drugs with ingredients of docetaxel.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeConjunctivitis and Taxotere from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Taxotere has active ingredients of docetaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Taxotere 23,783 users)
Conjunctivitis (pink eye) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy (latest reports from 8,109 Conjunctivitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Taxoterea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ConjunctivitisConjunctivitis
Could your condition cause ConjunctivitisConjunctivitis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have had Bells Palsy for over 9 months. My recovery so far is at about 75%. About 2 weeks ago I got pink eye in both of my eyes, antibiotic drop are doing nothing. My non palsy eye is almost back to normal & had very little swelling. However, my left eye (bells palsy side) is almost swollen ...
User reviews to the study
Hello I am brand new to these conditions such as C DIFF and eye issues. I am not sure this is the right group but it seems to fit my problems. I know C DIFF is not Irritable Bowel Syndrome but they may be related. I am l looking for help as there is not much out there right now.
Just found out that I have capillary leak Syndrome after 4 times high dosed Taxotere in combination with other chemot (TEC) after multinfocal breatcancer diagnosis. It is a pleasure to join this Group to be able to find out more about do's and dont's and understand better what's going on with ...
I have endometriosis for 21 years, now stage 4. I am 45. Had Mirena for 3 years, developed endometrioma that was laparoscopically removed last year. Now starting Lolo. Conjunctivitis came back after Mirena was removed 6 months ago. This month I had it 4 times, usually lasts 1-2 days than. ...