Review: could Taxotere cause Glaucoma?
Summary: Glaucoma is found among people who take Taxotere, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Zometa, and have Prostate cancer.
We study 18,512 people who have side effects while taking Taxotere from FDA and social media. Among them, 86 have Glaucoma. Find out below who they are, when they have Glaucoma and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Taxotere and have Glaucoma >>>
Taxotere has active ingredients of docetaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Taxotere 18,577 users)
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Glaucoma 18,578 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 18,510 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxotere. Among them, 86 people (0.46%) have Glaucoma.
Time on Taxotere when people have Glaucoma * :
Gender of people who have Glaucoma when taking Taxotere * :
Age of people who have Glaucoma when taking Taxotere * :
Severity of Glaucoma when taking Taxotere ** :
How people recovered from Glaucoma ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prostate cancer (20 people, 23.26%)
- Breast cancer (18 people, 20.93%)
- Metastases to bone (18 people, 20.93%)
- Osteopenia (17 people, 19.77%)
- Chemotherapy (17 people, 19.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (81 people, 94.19%)
- Aredia (69 people, 80.23%)
- Lasix (42 people, 48.84%)
- Taxol (37 people, 43.02%)
- Compazine (35 people, 40.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Glaucoma while taking Taxotere?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Taxotere and have Glaucoma
- support group for people who take Taxotere
- support group for people who have Glaucoma
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a link between forteo and macular holes?
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Glaucoma, Macular Hole, and takes Forteo)
My 82 year old mother has osteoporosis and was taking Forteo for several years (stopped taking aprox. 2 1/2 years ago) She also has Glaucoma. She recently developed a macular hole and just had surgery to correct it. Is there any link between Forteo and macular holes or other vision problems? We a ...
- Should a 66-year-old with paroxysmal atrial tachycardia (pat) take herceptin for 6 months instread of 12 months?
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Carcinoma - Ductal, Breast Cancer Her2+, Non-metastatic, and takes Carboplatin, Taxotere, Herceptin)
My concern is the potential for cardiac damage from taking Herceptin. The research on Herceptin for highly HER2 positive breast cancer seems less than clear that 12 months of treatment has truly significant benefit over 6 months. With a pre-existing heart condition of PAT (rx metoprolol) and also hi ...
- Can l-glutamine make controlled glaucoma worse
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Glaucoma, Safe To Take L-glutamine With Controlled Glaucom, and takes Travatan)
I need to know how much l-glutamine to take (powder form). I have IBS and Glaucoma (controlled by Travatan)
- Can lisinopril make open angle glaucoma worse
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Open Angle Glaucoma)
i take several drugs and have found out my open angle glaucoma is getting
worse, i would like to know if any of my medications cause it. thank you
- What is a safe cold medicine for someone with bph and open angle glaucoma
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Open Angle Glaucoma, BPH, Reynaud's Phenomenon (cold Extremities), and takes Esmolol Hydrochloride)
What is a safe cold medicine to use for someone with BPH and open angle glaucoma? I don't want to make either condition worse by taking the wrong
medcine or drug.
More questions for: Taxotere, Glaucoma
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Thyroid Disorder, Glaucoma, High Blood Pressure, and takes Oxycodone, Gabapentin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Travatan, Vytorin, Baby Aspirin)
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Taxotere, Glaucoma
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a patient with Depression. The patient has Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss)
Comments: Also experiencing chest pain sweating headache neckache and now my body is pooping out my tabs without dissolving them and always after tummy pains and lots of wind and with an explosive watery motion. ( excuse the detail ) .
- A study of side effects of Taxotere for a patient with Prostate Cancer Metastatic. The patient has Dexamethasone
Comments: Upper jaw has developed points of severe sensitivity to touch. Drainage of pus and blood has developed. Applying pressure alongside specific point causes pus bag to break and drain followed by blood. Tiny pieces of bone appear to have broken loose and protrude. Severe pain has developed on both lo ...
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a patient with Depression. The patient has Open Angle Glaucoma (an eye disease that gradually steals vision)
Comments: I've never had any problems with my eyes before taking this particular anti depressant. The glaucoma came on very rapid and I've had 8 eye surgeries now and I've lost half the vision in my left eye already and it's onle been a year since I was diagnosed with the glaucoma.
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Pain. The patient has Glaucoma Aggravated (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss)
Comments: After taking tramadol for over 6 months (approx. 4-6 tablets per day) my glaucoma numbers have become very high. Even post-surgical (SLT) levels on one eye did not only not come down, they doubled in both eyes. My intraocular pressure had gone to 41 in both eyes.
- A study of side effects of Reclast for a patient with Osteoporosis. The patient has Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss)
Comments: AFTER MY RECLAST infussion all my life go down now I'm suffering a lot . First I suffered an acute glaucoma attack, them my ankles was swollen and with a strong pain, and third my hands are always numb and can't use them for my normal life . Now my life is a big mess. Oh my God help me life with ...
More related studies for: Taxotere, Glaucoma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.