Taxotere and Glaucoma - from FDA reports
Glaucoma is found among people who take Taxotere, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Glaucoma with Taxotere. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 23,237 people who have side effects when taking Taxotere from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 15, 2017
23,237 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxotere.
Among them, 99 people (0.43%) have Glaucoma
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Taxotere when people have Glaucoma *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Glaucoma when taking Taxotere *:
- female: 70.21 %
- male: 29.79 %
Age of people who have Glaucoma when taking Taxotere *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.86 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 7.14 %
- 50-59: 44.29 %
- 60+: 45.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (22 people, 22.22%)
- Osteoporosis (17 people, 17.17%)
- Osteopenia (17 people, 17.17%)
- Parkinson's Disease (15 people, 15.15%)
- Eczema (3 people, 3.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (92 people, 92.93%)
- Aredia (75 people, 75.76%)
- Lasix (47 people, 47.47%)
- Taxol (41 people, 41.41%)
- Compazine (41 people, 41.41%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (83 people, 83.84%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (74 people, 74.75%)
- Pleural Effusion (72 people, 72.73%)
- Osteomyelitis (64 people, 64.65%)
- General Physical Health Deterioration (53 people, 53.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Glaucoma when taking Taxotere?
Taxotere has active ingredients of docetaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Taxotere 23,423 users)
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 31,212 Glaucoma patients).