Taxotere and Glaucoma - from FDA reports
Glaucoma is found among people who take Taxotere, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Prostate cancer. This review analyzes which people have Glaucoma with Taxotere. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 23,597 people who have side effects when taking Taxotere from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 18, 2017
23,597 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxotere.
Among them, 99 people (0.42%) have Glaucoma
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Taxotere when people have Glaucoma *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Glaucoma when taking Taxotere *:
- female: 70.21 %
- male: 29.79 %
Age of people who have Glaucoma when taking Taxotere *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.86 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 7.14 %
- 50-59: 44.29 %
- 60+: 45.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Prostate Cancer (24 people, 24.24%)
- Metastases To Bone (22 people, 22.22%)
- Osteoporosis (17 people, 17.17%)
- Osteopenia (17 people, 17.17%)
- Parkinson's Disease (15 people, 15.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (92 people, 92.93%)
- Aredia (75 people, 75.76%)
- Lasix (47 people, 47.47%)
- Taxol (41 people, 41.41%)
- Compazine (41 people, 41.41%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (83 people, 83.84%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (74 people, 74.75%)
- Pleural Effusion (72 people, 72.73%)
- Osteomyelitis (64 people, 64.65%)
- General Physical Health Deterioration (53 people, 53.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Glaucoma when taking Taxotere?
- Check symptoms - is glaucoma caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGlaucoma and drugs with ingredients of docetaxel.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGlaucoma and Taxotere from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Taxotere has active ingredients of docetaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Taxotere 23,783 users)
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 32,175 Glaucoma patients).
Browse all side effects of Taxoterea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GlaucomaGlaucoma
Could your condition cause GlaucomaGlaucoma
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been on Xalatan and Asopt for over 10 yrs. I recently changed doctors and he stopped all drops 2 months ago. Within 5 days I developed severe headaches 3-4 days per wk. I have never suffered from headaches previously. My pressures are remaining in the low to mid 20s and he claims it has ...
I am a 53 year old female and was injured working with very violent, low functioning children with autism. After many surgeries I am now on disability. As many of you on disability and am chronic pain, I am so fed up with the "system". Either it be the government or doctors. It is so hard ...
I had a trabeculectomy and cataract removal 15 years ago. A few years ago, a retinal specialist informed me that I had a wrinkled retina due to spike in pressure in my left eye after my surgery. This year my pressure began to drop in my left eye - from 10 to 8 to 4 and now it's back to 6. My ...
User reviews to the study
I was diagnosed with Closed angle Glaucoma, two years ago. It was a complete shock to me, as I had regular visits to my optician, my eye pressure was always ok. But I was seeing rainbows around lights and my eyes were always extremely fatigued at night, or when I was socialising having to focus ...