Review: could Tegretol cause Drug abuse (Drug Abuse And Dependence)?
Summary: Drug abuse is found among people who take Tegretol, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Pain.
We study 23,991 people who have side effects while taking Tegretol from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Drug abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tegretol and have Drug abuse >>>
Tegretol has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from 24,855 Tegretol users)
Drug abuse has been reported by people with pain, depression, back pain, migraine, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 19,959 Drug abuse patients)
On Mar, 23, 2015: 23,991 people reported to have side effects when taking Tegretol. Among them, 77 people (0.32%) have Drug Abuse.
Time on Tegretol when people have Drug abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug abuse||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug abuse when taking Tegretol * :
|Drug abuse||49.37%||50.63% |
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Tegretol * :
|Drug abuse||0.00%||1.52%||6.06%||1.52%||51.52%||12.12%||9.09%||18.18% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (24 people, 31.17%)
- Bipolar disorder (4 people, 5.19%)
- Depression (3 people, 3.90%)
- Epilepsy (2 people, 2.60%)
- Multiple sclerosis (2 people, 2.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (41 people, 53.25%)
- Neurontin (35 people, 45.45%)
- Vicodin (30 people, 38.96%)
- Oxycontin (28 people, 36.36%)
- Ativan (27 people, 35.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tegretol and drug abuse on
Do you have Drug Abuse while taking Tegretol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tegretol and have Drug Abuse
- support group for people who take Tegretol
- support group for people who have Drug Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 1, Carbamazepine, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 47-year old woman with Ankle Pain, Neuropathy, Major Depression. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Tegretol-xr for a 45-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Mood Disorder
- A study of side effects of Tegretol for a 46-year old woman with Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Headache
- A study of side effects of Tegretol for a 25-year old man with Head Trauma. The patient has Eye Twitch
- A study of side effects of Tegretol for a 46-year old woman with Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Recent Tegretol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.