Tegretol and Drug abuse - from FDA reports
Drug abuse is found among people who take Tegretol, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Affective disorder. This review analyzes which people have Drug abuse with Tegretol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 32,225 people who have side effects when taking Tegretol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
32,225 people reported to have side effects when taking Tegretol.
Among them, 103 people (0.32%) have Drug abuse
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tegretol when people have Drug abuse *:
- < 1 month: 96.3 %
- 1 - 6 months: 1.85 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.85 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Drug abuse when taking Tegretol *:
- female: 60.61 %
- male: 39.39 %
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Tegretol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.11 %
- 10-19: 4.44 %
- 20-29: 12.22 %
- 30-39: 40.0 %
- 40-49: 21.11 %
- 50-59: 13.33 %
- 60+: 7.78 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Affective Disorder (12 people, 11.65%)
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (10 people, 9.71%)
- Suicide Attempt (9 people, 8.74%)
- Bipolar Disorder (6 people, 5.83%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (5 people, 4.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (25 people, 24.27%)
- Lyrica (17 people, 16.50%)
- Risperdal (10 people, 9.71%)
- Zyprexa (9 people, 8.74%)
- Gabapentin (9 people, 8.74%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (100 people, 97.09%)
- Sopor (27 people, 26.21%)
- Intentional Self-Injury (18 people, 17.48%)
- Suicide Attempt (14 people, 13.59%)
- Intentional Overdose (14 people, 13.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Drug abuse when taking Tegretol?
- Check symptoms - is drug abuse caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDrug abuse and drugs with ingredients of carbamazepine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDrug abuse and Tegretol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tegretol has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Tegretol 33,899 users)
Drug abuse has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, drug abuse, pain, depression (latest reports from 42,971 Drug abuse patients).
Browse all side effects of Tegretola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Drug abuseDrug abuse
Could your condition cause Drug abuseDrug abuse
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My son is on 7 mg of tegretol daily. We have just gone to the paediatrician for learning issues and where prescribed Ritalin . This drug is listed on the mims as not being able to be mixed. The doctor has said there will be no issue. Has anyone combined these 2 drugs in a similar situation?
I had to stop taking tegretol suddenly due to liver inflammation. I now have significant olfactory problems. Will this go away when I am over the withdrawal? Would it help to start taking a bit again so the withdrawal isn't so sudden?
User reviews to the study
I've just started having blood in my urine and I've been trying to figure out why. I rarely drink and my diet is good. My epilepsy is under control with Tegretol XR. I'm looking for answers. My kidney MRI is scheduled for June 3.
Hello there. First time doing this. In addition to therapy I'm wanting the support of others going thru the same thing. 2 weeks ago I went from 400 mg to 800. Reason being simple tasks became impossible. All I wanted to do is stay in bed n watch TV. Today they added zyprexa 20 mg. After reading ...
I'm new..... hello! I am currently on XR tegretol 800 mg. Started beginning of May. Recently went off vraylar. Hoping that was the reason I had a metallic in my mouth. Now I think it's the tegretol. How long does it last? What can I do about it? It will go away, right?