Tegretol and Impulse-control disorder - from FDA reports
Impulse-control disorder is found among people who take Tegretol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lidocaine, and have Cranial nerve disorder. This review analyzes which people have Impulse-control disorder with Tegretol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 31,704 people who have side effects when taking Tegretol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 28, 2017
31,704 people reported to have side effects when taking Tegretol.
Among them, 10 people (0.03%) have Impulse-control Disorder
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tegretol when people have Impulse-control Disorder *:
- < 1 month: 80 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Impulse-control Disorder when taking Tegretol *:
- female: 70 %
- male: 30 %
Age of people who have Impulse-control Disorder when taking Tegretol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 12.5 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Personality Change Due To A General Medical Condition (4 people, 40.00%)
- Herpes Zoster (4 people, 40.00%)
- Cranial Nerve Disorder (4 people, 40.00%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (3 people, 30.00%)
- Essential Hypertension (2 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ventolin (4 people, 40.00%)
- Trandolapril (4 people, 40.00%)
- Tramadol Hydrochloride (4 people, 40.00%)
- Lyrica (4 people, 40.00%)
- Lidocaine (4 people, 40.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Aggression (6 people, 60.00%)
- Loss Of Consciousness (4 people, 40.00%)
- Hepatic Encephalopathy (4 people, 40.00%)
- Drug-Induced Liver Injury (4 people, 40.00%)
- Delirium (4 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Impulse-control disorder when taking Tegretol?
- Check symptoms - is impulse-control disorder caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Tegretol has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Tegretol 33,336 users)
Impulse-control disorder has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, depression, restless leg syndrome, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, pain (latest reports from 1,313 Impulse-control disorder patients).
Browse all side effects of Tegretola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Impulse-control disorderImpulse-control disorder
Could your condition cause Impulse-control disorderImpulse-control disorder
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
My son is on 7 mg of tegretol daily. We have just gone to the paediatrician for learning issues and where prescribed Ritalin . This drug is listed on the mims as not being able to be mixed. The doctor has said there will be no issue. Has anyone combined these 2 drugs in a similar situation?
I had to stop taking tegretol suddenly due to liver inflammation. I now have significant olfactory problems. Will this go away when I am over the withdrawal? Would it help to start taking a bit again so the withdrawal isn't so sudden?
Have experienced severe paradoxical reactions while taking benzodiazepines, specifically only Restoril and Xanax produces these effects. Have engaged in dissociative behaviors where detached emotionally from others and have experiences of kleptomania
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi. Anyone in Thisted forum knows about the effekt of using both Tegretol and Gabapertin at the same time. My wife has serious attacks often from Trigeminus Neuralgia and cannot use any of these alone. But now the doctors want to try to combine these two. If you might have any other products ...
I have epilepsy and am currently taking Tegretol. My OB currently prescribed me Clomid so I can hopefully get pregnant. My question is, will I be safe taking both of them together? Or will the interaction cause more seizures?