Review: could Tegretol cause Memory impairment (Memory loss)?
Summary: Memory impairment is found among people who take Tegretol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Tegretol-xr, and have Epilepsy.
We study 23,993 people who have side effects while taking Tegretol from FDA and social media. Among them, 547 have Memory impairment. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory impairment and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tegretol and have Memory impairment >>>
Tegretol has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from 24,859 Tegretol users)
Memory impairment has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,452 Memory impairment patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 23,991 people reported to have side effects when taking Tegretol. Among them, 547 people (2.28%) have Memory Impairment.
Time on Tegretol when people have Memory impairment * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory impairment||21.74%||34.78%||7.25%||14.49%||7.97%||3.62%||10.14% |
Gender of people who have Memory impairment when taking Tegretol * :
|Memory impairment||65.65%||34.35% |
Age of people who have Memory impairment when taking Tegretol * :
|Memory impairment||0.00%||1.15%||5.89%||18.82%||16.86%||16.69%||18.00%||22.59% |
Severity of Memory impairment when taking Tegretol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory impairment||4.00%||40.00%||48.00%||8.00% |
How people recovered from Memory impairment ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory impairment||0.00%||9.09%||90.91% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (182 people, 33.27%)
- Convulsion (85 people, 15.54%)
- Depression (83 people, 15.17%)
- Thyroid disorder (66 people, 12.07%)
- Pain (44 people, 8.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tegretol-xr (80 people, 14.63%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (72 people, 13.16%)
- Neurontin (71 people, 12.98%)
- Lamictal (64 people, 11.70%)
- Topamax (55 people, 10.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tegretol and memory impairment on
Do you have Memory Impairment while taking Tegretol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tegretol and have Memory Impairment
- support group for people who take Tegretol
- support group for people who have Memory Impairment
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Cyclosporine for a 42-year old man with Heart Transplant Rejection. The patient has Memory Impairment, Confusion, Light Sensitivity, Burning Feet Syndrome, Feeling Hot And Cold, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Epitol, Benzonatate for a 22-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder, Cough.
- A study of side effects of Rifampin And Isoniazid for a 33-year old woman with Latent Tb. The patient has Memory Loss
Recent Tegretol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.