Review: could Tegretol cause Muscle aches?
Summary: Muscle aches is found among people who take Tegretol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Neurontin, and have Epilepsy.
We study 23,986 people who have side effects while taking Tegretol from FDA and social media. Among them, 269 have Muscle aches. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle aches and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tegretol and have Muscle aches >>>
Tegretol has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from 24,851 Tegretol users)
Muscle aches (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,475 Muscle aches patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 23,986 people reported to have side effects when taking Tegretol. Among them, 269 people (1.12%) have Muscle Aches.
Time on Tegretol when people have Muscle aches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle aches||24.00%||34.00%||0.00%||12.00%||4.00%||6.00%||20.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle aches when taking Tegretol * :
|Muscle aches||67.95%||32.05% |
Age of people who have Muscle aches when taking Tegretol * :
|Muscle aches||0.00%||0.00%||6.06%||14.39%||10.23%||22.73%||25.00%||21.59% |
Severity of Muscle aches when taking Tegretol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle aches||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle aches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle aches||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (55 people, 20.45%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 14.13%)
- Pain (31 people, 11.52%)
- Convulsion (30 people, 11.15%)
- Depression (21 people, 7.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (50 people, 18.59%)
- Lamictal (37 people, 13.75%)
- Keppra (30 people, 11.15%)
- Clonazepam (27 people, 10.04%)
- Tegretol-xr (25 people, 9.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Tegretol and muscle aches on
Do you have Muscle Aches while taking Tegretol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Tegretol and have Muscle Aches
- support group for people who take Tegretol
- support group for people who have Muscle Aches
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Nuvaring, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal for a 24-year old woman with Vitamin D, Birth Control, Functional Dyspepsia, Mood Disorder. The patient has Ear Pain, Pressure Sore, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Pain, Headache, Lightheadedness, Fatigue, Pressure Sore, Spaced Out
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Piroxicam, Ciprofloxacin for a 27-year old woman with Flu, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Myalgia, Cough, Syncope Vasovagal
- A study of side effects of Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
Recent Tegretol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.