Review: could Tegretol cause White blood cell count decreased?
Summary: White blood cell count decreased is found among people who take Tegretol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Keppra, and have Epilepsy.
We study 23,975 people who have side effects while taking Tegretol from FDA and social media. Among them, 359 have White blood cell count decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have White blood cell count decreased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tegretol and have White blood cell count decreased >>>
Tegretol has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Tegretol 24,838 users)
White blood cell count decreased
White blood cell count decreased has been reported by people with hepatitis c, schizophrenia, multiple myeloma, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from White blood cell count decreased 35,331 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 23,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Tegretol. Among them, 359 people (1.50%) have White Blood Cell Count Decreased.
Time on Tegretol when people have White blood cell count decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|White blood cell count decreased||54.35%||32.07%||3.80%||1.63%||3.80%||0.54%||3.80% |
Gender of people who have White blood cell count decreased when taking Tegretol * :
|White blood cell count decreased||51.96%||48.04% |
Age of people who have White blood cell count decreased when taking Tegretol * :
|White blood cell count decreased||0.00%||7.04%||11.17%||9.22%||12.86%||11.89%||19.66%||28.16% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (95 people, 26.46%)
- Convulsion (33 people, 9.19%)
- Insomnia (22 people, 6.13%)
- Constipation (22 people, 6.13%)
- Bipolar disorder (15 people, 4.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Keppra (27 people, 7.52%)
- Zyprexa (27 people, 7.52%)
- Phenytoin (23 people, 6.41%)
- Tegretol-xr (21 people, 5.85%)
- Lamictal (21 people, 5.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have White Blood Cell Count Decreased while taking Tegretol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tegretol and have White Blood Cell Count Decreased
- support group for people who take Tegretol
- support group for people who have White Blood Cell Count Decreased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does carbamazepine cause obesity?? please reply (1 answer)
(Asked by a 26 year old man who has Seizures, and takes Carbamazepine)
I am taking ZEN 100(Carbamazepine tablets) on advice of my doctor from JAN 2013, for my SEIZURES. Lately, my weight has increased by quite kilos, despite my diet remaining same.
I want to confirm does prolonged use of this drug cause obesity.
PLEASE REPLY IF EXPERIENCED THE SAME SIDE-EFFECTS OR ...
- Has anything helped with muscle weakness/pain caused by carbamazepine? or any remedies?
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Seizure Disorder, and takes Carbamazepine)
I have partial seizures that affects my right side. It's caused by having a brain tumor on the left side when I was younger that was removed. I'm taking 600mg of Carbamazepine a day.
I have muscle weakness and pain on my right arm and leg a lot. There are times when I can't even pick up a water ...
- I stopped suffering from psoriasis when i started with epilepsy at the age of 32. could there be a reason for this?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Epilepsy Congenital, and takes Tegretol-xr)
I would just like to hear from anyone who has both epilepsy and psoriasis to see if they have stopped with psoriasis after the epilepsy was triggered. My epilepsy was triggered at the age of 32 after taking amphetamine. I used to have outbreaks of psoriasis every 7 years but this stopped when the ...
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth (4 answers)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- What ammount of carbamazepine did people who suffered from ataxia take?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes TEGRETOL)
I,M TAKING TWO TABLETS OF 200mg.PER DAY AND I FEEL A BIT DIZZY. I DO NOT WANT TO STOP TAKING IT BECAUSE, OTHERWISE, I WOULD HAVE TO SUFFER THE PAIN WHICH IS UNBEARABLE.
More questions for: Tegretol, White blood cell count decreased
More reviews for: Tegretol, White blood cell count decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Tegretol, Latuda, Klonopin, Lamictal, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Flexeril, Lexapro, Lidocaine for a patient with GERD, Bipolar 2, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Sleep Disorder, Muscle Rigidity, Bipolar Depression, Back Pain.
Comments: I am a 48 yr old female diagnosed with PTSD, bipolar 2, BPD, histrionic suicidal idealation and a mess!!!
Things were going well in therapy and with my Dr. over the past 2 years on the above "cocktail" MINUS the Latuda and Lexapro.
I have had 3 very serious suicide attempts, all prior to the T ...
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Tegretol for a patient with Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Pain - Abdomen
Comments: It has been seven years since I took the Levaquin and Cipro and from what I understand once you have symptoms you shouldn't take it again. Even though mine was documented in medical records, my doctor gave me Cipro which I took unaware of the connection of the two. The damage from the quinolones ju ...
- A study of drug interactions between Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Carbamazepine, Abilify for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Abdominal Meteorisation
Comments: I would like to know if the medical treatment i observe for 11 years might influence the apparition of chilaidity's syndrom.
My medical treatment : abilify 15mg
carbamazepine LP 400mg (2*200mg)
Abdominal meteorism began after ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
- A study of drug interactions between Tegretol, Effexor XR, Treanda for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Follicle Centre Lymphoma, Follicular Grade I, Ii, Iii Stage Iv. The patient has Anemia, Fatigue - Chronic
Comments: My renal function tests had been within normal range until 1 year ago. I was diagnosed with Stage IV follicular Lymphoma. My Oncologist suggested I reduce some psychiatric meds and increase water intake.
More related studies for: Tegretol, White blood cell count decreased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.