Review: could Temazepam cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Temazepam, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 14,976 people who have side effects while taking Temazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 632 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Temazepam and have Death >>>
Temazepam has active ingredients of temazepam. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Temazepam 15,759 users)
Death (latest reports from Death 183,730 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 14,976 people reported to have side effects when taking Temazepam. Among them, 637 people (4.25%) have Death.
Time on Temazepam when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Temazepam * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Temazepam * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (48 people, 7.54%)
- Pain (37 people, 5.81%)
- Insomnia (33 people, 5.18%)
- Depression (23 people, 3.61%)
- Metastases to bone (21 people, 3.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (104 people, 16.33%)
- Lisinopril (70 people, 10.99%)
- Zometa (68 people, 10.68%)
- Atenolol (63 people, 9.89%)
- Furosemide (62 people, 9.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Death while taking Temazepam?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Temazepam and have Death
- support group for people who take Temazepam
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Why would doctor prescribe meclizine when otc med available? stronger?
Gastric bypass. After years found should not be prescribed extended release medications-- they do not work because stomach (duodenum) releases enzymes and acids to release XR. Suffer from GAD, MAD, PTSD, ADHD, Insomnia. I've driven away my best friend-- I'm tired of life-- alone.
- Have been taking temazepam 15 yrs. recently experienced slow emptying of bladder. will this correct itself now that i'm off the drug? (1 answer)
After taking temazepam for insomnia for 15 years, my bladder has become difficult to empty...slow start and dribble. Now that I'm off the drug, will the bladder condition improve?
- What reaction happens when you take 75 restoril 30mg capsuls? (1 answer)
I am trying to find out what happens when somebody takes 75 Restoril 30mg capsuls? What do they experience?
- How to stop le and foot cramps? (3 answers)
I have been having severe leg, calf and foot cramps. I had them as a child and as I grew up, they stopped. Started having them again after my open-heart-surgery in 07. Just occasionally at first but now, almost every night. I take a potassium supplement and also try a mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey. Does anyone out there know anything else I can try? This condition is starting to get BAD!!! Thanks to all
- Can curcumin c3 complex cause very dry mouth?
I have been takingall the above drugs since being diagnosed with Sarcoidosis in 1998-99. The only variation is prednisone which I take only when I have a flare. Itook my first Curcumin C3 Complex capsule 3 days ago. 500mg. I decided to start with one a day for awhile. After a few hours I had the dryestmouthever! Both days it has impimproved considerably by the end of the 24hours. A couple hours after takingit this morning mymouth is horribly dry again. It has to be the Curcumin since nothing else has changed for years. Anyone else with this problem? The reason I amtaking it is a couple of years ago my gastrodr wanted me to take it for my GERD but I didn't want to. But the other day I read that it helps with joint pain which I have badly so thought I'd give it a try for both reasons.
More questions for: Temazepam, Death
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity (1 response)
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribed both Adderrall and Opana by the same doctor, and had been taking both successfully and as directed for some time. Autopsy indicated he was otherwise healthy.
I've lost my husband to this toxic combination. He went to bed; I awoke to life without my best friend. Please be aware of potentially fatal prescription combinations. Discuss these with your Dr. or pharmacist. Do the research, watch for side effects, voice your concerns - it could save a life.
- Temazepam & fenfexodine
Is anyone else finding the Temazepam is not working when taken with fenofexedine? I survive on a few hours of sleep a day.
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues (3 responses)
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doctors. unable to recall how many docs and meds through the years. one other very significant issue- after tooth extraction had puncture to left maxillary sinus-after YEARS of neglect by docs, found max. & ethmoid sinus completely opaque on CAT scan. Had surgery. Now, years later, have mucous plug that sporadically comes out upon sneezing. Fairly recent CAT scan shows sinuses again completely opaque. Certain needs further attention, but basically afraid to go through surgery again. Also- may have had heart attack. ER visit said no, but shortly after, had abnormal ekg. Again, neglect from docs. Am now active advocate for fm/chronic pain patients. Disgusted by the whole lack of interest of medical community. Looking for answers through my own research to try to find a way to improve quality of life...
- Celexa, xanax and restoril combo caused an immediate onset of dementia in my 79 year old father (1 response)
My father has been on Celexa for years now. 2 months ago, my mother (his wife of 50 years) passed away. My father immediately had anxiety and sleeping problems that accompanied his anxiety. His doctor prescribed, on top of the Celexa, Restoril for sleep, and Xanax during the day. Over a period of 1 month, my father has become confused, wets himself, doesn't understand the concept of a phone call and hangs up on me while he is in mid-sentence.... cries in panic, doesn't understand conversations, forgets the day... All of the things a progressed Alzheimer's patient would show... but this, again, has all taken place in literally 2 weeks. NOW... he has increased his Xanax from .75 MG throughout the day to 1.5 MG throughout the day... Which is not that much from my own research. But then when I DID the research, it stated that this combo, as well as Xanax, in general, can increase your chances on developing dementia if you are over the age of 65.
I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this sudden change in behavior, and also if it is reversable with the removal of these medications in his life...
Thank you, in advance.
More reviews for: Temazepam, Death
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis back in 1982. I am also on Domperidone for Gastraparisis that I use to get from Canada, now I get from local compounding pharmacy. In the past few years I have gone from Methadone for the chronic pain of the AS, to the butrans patch. It seemed to help with ...
- While on genetic restoril I am wearing a heart monitor because of pulse 125. For 4 hrs
I am not going to take this to see if palpitations or tachycardia stops
Is this fairly common. The drug has been a miracle worker but I am now afraid to take it
- I am diabetic was on metiformin for 5 months lost 10lbs . Been off the metformin for a month but lost another 2lbs. I watch what i eat no junk food but do eat pasta and bread. My sugar in the morning is in the 80 or 90 . People at work say im losing so much weight. I was 175 in jan now im 163 on a ...
- she took seasonique for about 10 days, felt ill...then cramps, abdominal pain, vomiting; needed help walking to and from bathroom; assisted to bed. Seemed disoriented, no fever; told her we were going to the doctor's in the morning....when I went to her room she was dead. I am her father....
More related studies for: Temazepam, Death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.