Review: could Terazosin hydrochloride cause Impotence (Erection problems)?
Summary: Impotence is found among people who take Terazosin hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 1,228 people who have side effects while taking Terazosin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Impotence. Find out below who they are, when they have Impotence and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Terazosin hydrochloride and have Impotence >>>
Terazosin hydrochloride has active ingredients of terazosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Terazosin hydrochloride 1,399 users)
Impotence (powerlessness) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.(latest reports from Impotence 29,386 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 1,228 people reported to have side effects when taking Terazosin hydrochloride. Among them, 14 people (1.14%) have Impotence.
Time on Terazosin hydrochloride when people have Impotence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Impotence when taking Terazosin hydrochloride * :
Severity of Impotence when taking Terazosin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Impotence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 28.57%)
- Resorption bone increased (2 people, 14.29%)
- High blood pressure (2 people, 14.29%)
- Hypersensitivity (2 people, 14.29%)
- Micturition disorder (2 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (4 people, 28.57%)
- Niacin (3 people, 21.43%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (3 people, 21.43%)
- Lovastatin (3 people, 21.43%)
- Pravastatin sodium (2 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Impotence while taking Terazosin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Terazosin hydrochloride and have Impotence
- support group for people who take Terazosin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Impotence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can enoxaparin be cause of impotence
I was active in sex relationship and performing sufficiently well. Because of a plane trip I was given one injection of Enoxaparin (Clexane' 40mg) for thrombosis prevention. I noticed a lack of libido and impotence . After one month I was given the second injection for the return trip. For the first week I noticed a return of sex desires and good erection. After the second week I experience again lack of libido and full impotence which still persisting after 6 weeks from the return fight.
- How common is erectile dysfunction with effexor and adderall and how can it be combatted? (3 answers)
I take both Adderall and effexor to treat ADHD and anxiety/depression. I have taken both for years but Adderall longer. My ability to hold an erection and to experience an orgasm has decreased.
- Are atrial fibrillation and erectile dysfunction related? (1 answer)
I want to know whether those who have atrial fibrillation also suffer from erectile dysfunction, or vice-versa.
- Can hydrochlorizide cause bhp symptoms in 70 year old male
After suffering with bph(getting up 3 0r 4 times a night to urinate) having undergone a prostrate biopsy, my doctor took me off hydrochlorizide.
Soon after, my bph symptoms went away.
I take a 325 mg aspirin every day and have hypertension.
- After being on zoloft (sertraline) for 19 years, i now notice multiple side effects and i want to get off (2 answers)
I have been on Zoloft (sertraline) for 19 years for chronic depression. When I first started taking Zoloft, it made a huge positive impact on my life. It was a miracle drug for me. I believe it saved my life.
Ten or so years ago it suddenly stopped working. My doctor had me try several other SSRIs-- Paxil, Prozac, Celexa. None worked. After a few months I went back on Zoloft and like magic it worked again.
Six or so years ago, I wanted to get off sertraline to see if I could live without it. I made the mistake of dropping it cold turkey and not consulting my doctor. I experienced the infamous "brain zaps," vivid and violent dreams, anxiety, anger, and depression. On the other hand, I had more energy, lost weight, slept great, and had increased libito/more satisfying sexual response. Still, my anxiety and anger were intense. My family rightfully became fed up with my unpredictable behavior and after several weeks I started taking the medication again. Life returned to normal.
Over the last several years I have experienced tinnitus, sexual dysfunction, weight gain, night sweats, and diarrhea. I am occasionally anxious or depressed, but nothing severe or unmanageable. The tinnitus has become particularly pronounced over the last several weeks. I am not certain that these symptoms are related to sertraline, but I would like to find out. I would like to stop taking sertraline once again. I know that I must taper off very slowly. I also plan to do so under the supervision of my general practitioner.
My questions are many. Has anyone else been on sertraline for as long as 19 years and successfully quit? Is there a drug that will help soften the sertraline withdrawal symptoms? Should I be unable to quit sertraline, are their other SSRIs that might have fewer side effects? Should I do this with my GP's help or should I seek the help of a psychiatrist?
Thanks in advance for your responses.
More questions for: Terazosin hydrochloride, Impotence
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tranxene and sexual problems
Tranxene 15 mg has taken them and will cause sexual dysfunction once have been off them for a week or so then begin to have normal sexual activity once back on them again cause the same problem again does not tell about the side effects on the pamplets.
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lipitor was the cause,I stopped Lipitor 3 weeks later not losing weight ,bad dreams gone,feeling like myself again,hoping to regain the weight in time,Lisinpril 10 mg started two years ago ,has issues but did not connect until recently,3 months after taking started to have problems in the bedroom,only within the last 5 months did it occur to me was that was the cause of my sexual performance...had all test done testosterone ,blood work and all came back normal,stopped taking Lisinpril for 4 days a my manhood returned to normal!! Just spoke with doctor and says that shouldn't be????? Really ,he has since written me a new BP prescription,recent BP readings have been normal and will not take until BP rises....eating better ,with supplements ,,why Doctors don't believe the patient is incredulous ,thanks to sites like this people need to really question the health care their getting .....
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Amlo dipine and terazosin
I have taken combination since 04/13 I have experienced ED lower testosterone and elevated PSA. Prior to that I was taking terazosin and hydrochorizide without any side effects. I stop taking the amlodipine during a juice fast and my PSA levels decreased when I stopped fasting and returned to taking the amlodipine my PSA levels rose.
- Side effects of using terazosin
I have been on terazosin for 9 days. The ringing in my ears is unbearable, dizzy in the night if I wake up to use the bathroom, intermittent throbbing heartbeat. Also very significant is dramatic decrease in libido and difficulty achieving satisfaction. Dose started at 5 mg at night, reduced to 2 mg. at night after two days and ringing does not go away. I have permission from my doctor to discontinue use and replace with Lisinopril.
More reviews for: Terazosin hydrochloride, Impotence
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- 1 year i keeped sexuals affairs with my wife and i didnt have problems but after i took ventolin i can t performe a full acte... is it normal? what can i do? how much time does the ventolin stay on the system? thanks
- I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- It used to be so easy to get an erection. It would take a touch or quick rub to get hard...really hard .. After taking vyvanse and lamotrigine for about a week. I've gotten my first erectile dysfuntion. It took so long to get hard and i would barely even get hard. It was like a hard soft. I really d ...
- I was on abilify along with these meds at first, and started right away on 40 mg of prozac, but lowered it to 20, because of feeling really sick and weird, same with the abilify. but now i am still feeling sick, confused, and extremely depressed/anxious. just maybe a bit less.
- Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
More related studies for: Terazosin hydrochloride, Impotence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.