Home > Terazosin > Weight gain - unintentional > Terazosin and Weight gain - unintentional
Review: could Terazosin cause Weight gain - unintentional (Weight increased)?
We study 1,227 people who have side effects while taking Terazosin from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Weight gain - unintentional. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain - unintentional and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Terazosin hydrochloride and have Weight gain - unintentional >>>
Terazosin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 1,396 users) has active ingredients of terazosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate.
Weight gain - unintentional
Weight gain - unintentional (latest reports from 528,152 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 1,227 people reported to have side effects when taking Terazosin hydrochloride. Among them, 17 people (1.39%) have Weight Gain - Unintentional.
Time on Terazosin hydrochloride when people have Weight gain - unintentional * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Weight gain - unintentional when taking Terazosin hydrochloride * :
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||12.50%||62.50% |
Severity of Weight gain - unintentional when taking Terazosin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain - unintentional ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain - unintentional||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (3 people, 17.65%)
- Blood pressure (2 people, 11.76%)
- Carcinoid syndrome (1 people, 5.88%)
- Multiple myeloma (1 people, 5.88%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (1 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (6 people, 35.29%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 23.53%)
- Clonidine (4 people, 23.53%)
- Atenolol (4 people, 23.53%)
- Pravastatin (3 people, 17.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain - Unintentional while taking Terazosin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Terazosin hydrochloride and have Weight Gain - Unintentional
- support group for people who take Terazosin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Weight Gain - Unintentional
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Bisoprolol ,ive gained 56 pounds
i had a triple by pass,and was prescribed bisoprolol.since taking it i have gained 4 stones in weight ,ive tried diets ,exercise nothing takes the weight off ,should i stop the tablets.
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- I have recently been put on humulin 70/30 and januvia 100mg and am concerned about weight gain as i am on quite high doses ttake 80 units in the morning and 60 at night
I have recently Changed from novomix 70/30 flex pen to humulin 70/30 flex pen 80 units before breakfast and 60 units before supper, metformin 1000 mg morning and 1000 mg in the evening both to be taken after meals, and januvia 100 to be taken after breakfast. Unfortunately the novomix insulin cause ...
- Can hydrochlorizide cause bhp symptoms in 70 year old male
After suffering with bph(getting up 3 0r 4 times a night to urinate) having undergone a prostrate biopsy, my doctor took me off hydrochlorizide.
Soon after, my bph symptoms went away.
I take a 325 mg aspirin every day and have hypertension.
- After being on zoloft (sertraline) for 19 years, i now notice multiple side effects and i want to get off
I have been on Zoloft (sertraline) for 19 years for chronic depression. When I first started taking Zoloft, it made a huge positive impact on my life. It was a miracle drug for me. I believe it saved my life.
Ten or so years ago it suddenly stopped working. My doctor had me try several other S ...
- What is the best medication for pcos with low bp
I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 15. I was put on glucaphage and birth control to help maintain my periods. Within 3 years I stopped having a period all together. In february 2006, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and that May it was removed (benign). For 6 years no period, then in August I fo ...
- Is there a link between zyprexa and prostate cancer
Can Zyprexa have caused my Prostate Cancer? Can it be reversed or slowed by stopping Zyprexa?
- Penis is not sensitive. difficult to ejaculate, little, sometimes, no semen produced
I have no problem getting an erection; however, I seem to "lose interest" and full erection shortly after I penetrate. Viagra, etc. have not helped with this. As noted above, my penis is less sensitive and requires a lot of friction for me to ejaculate. Amount of ejaculate greatly reduced. I am look ...
- I am a 67 yr old female with severe rls, sleep apnea, depression and adhd. my side effects are weight gain, feeling lethargic with poor balance. does anyone else have these symptoms?
I have always been on the edge as far as how ADHD and depression impacts my functioning. But Antidepressants and stimulant medication plus Requip kept me on a fairly even keel (over many years) until Requip began to be less effective. That is when the neurologist tried me on several medications en ...
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
More questions for: Terazosin hydrochloride, Weight gain - unintentional
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Lantus and gastroperesis
My husband for 10yrs was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic. Nov 10/13 he was admitted to hospital DKA blood sugar got to 38...severe vomiting, flu like symptoms, high blood pressure. During his stay he was put on insulin, nova rapid 3 times per day and Lantus. Over the coarse of him becoming sick, he had ...
- Crestor side effects
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Stopping pristiq for my memory
I have been on Pristiq for 3 years. My short term memory loss is a great concern to me. I am 45 and I have questioned my doctor and given my concerns to the point she referred me to a neurologist but said it was not the Pristiq. There is no other drugs I am taking or have taken to cause this proble ...
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
More reviews for: Terazosin hydrochloride, Weight gain - unintentional
On eHealthMe, Terazosin Hydrochloride (terazosin hydrochloride) is often used for enlarged prostate. Find out below the conditions Terazosin Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Terazosin Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Terazosin hydrochloride, Weight gain - unintentional
Recent Terazosin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Hytrin, Uroxatral, Cardura, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 59-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Anturol, Terazosin Hydrochloride for a 69-year old man who has Trying To Determine Which Of The 2 Drugs Work For Me The Best
- Comparions of Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Tamsulosin for a 73-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Rapaflo, Hytrin, Flomax, Cardura for a 63-year old man who has Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Terazosin Hydrochloride for a 70-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of British Tobacco, Aspirin, Hytrin for a 62-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Clonidine, Terazosin Hydrochloride for a 43-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Zoloft, Hytrin for a 73-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Vesicare, Cialis, Finasteride, Terazosin Hydrochloride for a 72-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Atenolol, Hytrin, Clarithromycin for a 68-year old man who has Flu
More related comparison studies for: Terazosin hydrochloride, Weight gain - unintentional
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (36 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (44 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Zanaflex and Fluid Retention
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- L Glutathione
- Bromfed Dm
- Breast Enlargement
- Difficulty Breathing
- Tuberculosis Reactivated