Review: could Terazosin hydrochloride cause Weight gain - unintentional (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain - unintentional is found among people who take Terazosin hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Furosemide, and have High blood pressure.
We study 1,233 people who have side effects while taking Terazosin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Weight gain - unintentional. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain - unintentional and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Terazosin hydrochloride and have Weight gain - unintentional >>>
Terazosin Hydrochloride has active ingredients of terazosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 1,402 Terazosin Hydrochloride users)
Weight gain - unintentional
Weight gain - unintentional has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain - unintentional patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 1,233 people reported to have side effects when taking Terazosin hydrochloride. Among them, 17 people (1.38%) have Weight Gain - Unintentional.
Time on Terazosin hydrochloride when people have Weight gain - unintentional * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Weight gain - unintentional when taking Terazosin hydrochloride * :
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||12.50%||62.50% |
Severity of Weight gain - unintentional when taking Terazosin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain - unintentional ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain - unintentional||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (3 people, 17.65%)
- Carcinoid syndrome (1 people, 5.88%)
- Multiple myeloma (1 people, 5.88%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (1 people, 5.88%)
- Psychiatric symptom (1 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (6 people, 35.29%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 23.53%)
- Clonidine (4 people, 23.53%)
- Atenolol (4 people, 23.53%)
- Pravastatin (3 people, 17.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain - Unintentional while taking Terazosin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Terazosin hydrochloride and have Weight Gain - Unintentional
- support group for people who take Terazosin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Weight Gain - Unintentional
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Strattera for a 55-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Implanon for a 24-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Effient for a 61-year old man with Stent. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a 41-year old woman with Contraception. The patient has Migraine (headache), Widespread Body Aches, Loss Of Hair, Anxiety, Sometimes Unable To Retrieve Words, Brain Mass, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
Recent Terazosin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.